Quit stressing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by camaroIOM, Mar 10, 2011.

1. camaroIOM, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

camaroIOM macrumors 6502

Just thought everyone should quit stressing. My wife is an analyst for company out of NY that handles apple releases and states there is going to be more than enough models at each location. She stated that apple has planned on heavy sales and all stores are stocking up to meet the demands for the weekend. She laughs at all the hoopla and die hards here. Thats what they are banking on she states. They actually try to meet sales goals by releasing at 5pm to see how the market will react. She states there is a strategy for everything apple does so should be no big surprise.

People really need to get a life standing in line for an ipad over night or getting so worked up that walmart may have at midnight.

2. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

If I dont get one, I'm blaming your wife fa sho

3. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Im sure there will be AN iPad available for everyone.. but the problem is the one you want.

It sounds like they will actually have the same numbers of 16 gb wifi as 32 or 64gb 3g... which is insane..

4. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

No one is stressing. This is the fun part that many of us enjoy... the anticipation. No one is popping stress pills (I hope). This is simply the storm before the big ******* storm... :D

5. soypancho macrumors newbie

Sounds good. I'm excited to pick it up but I'm not leaving work before 5pm. I'd been under the impression that there was a good chance I'd walk out with a 16gb 3G model.

When I've done this in the past, it's mostly been for the excitement and hanging out with other mac geeks. Less about getting the product right away. You should understand- you're posting on macrumors. :cool:

6. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

From what she told me meeting with guys this week in NY they planned on having every model up and running to meet the demands for the busy weekend. She stated they want to hit a home run with the Ipad 2 sales with other smart pads showing up on the market. She said the word was in fact smother them.

7. meder87 macrumors regular

I bet your wife is 100% correct. But everyone has the human reaction of worry/fear. No details are announced on how many a store will have or who's getting what and then people start to wonder. Well maybe I should get there at 1pm or 3pm. Some people just don't care enough and will walk in at 6,7, or 8 pm. In the past i've witnessed the lines and seen the chaos. I know it won't be sold out tomorrow, but I don't want to deal with the frustration of not getting it. The other thing I wonder though is if stores are told to only sell a certain amount and then say "We're sold out. However, we are getting another shipment in tomorrow morning so check back tomorrow." Just to get people crazy. Unless I get to be inside the head of Steve Jobs and his marketing team I will be standing in line like a clown.

8. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Apple always has every model up and running. This is nothing new. And what outside agency is this that you're referring to? Apple does a majority of its marketing biz in Ca...

9. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

Love Macrumors forums. Great reading. You would be surprised they even have analyst that read each forum during the week. They monitor what the die hards are actually saying

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple wants to smother me in iPads, love it :D

I'm not stressing, just anticipating and I don't even plan to show no more than 30-45 minute prior to 5pm.

This is what I enjoy most of all.

11. M87 macrumors 65816

You're a lucky man.

12. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

Wow to think I have been worried this whole time for nothing. Tell your wife that I said thank you and I really appreciate the fact that she decided to let you post this information on here. When you get a chance, could you please ask her how many people that Apple plans to smother this weekend? If she doesn't have a exact number, then a ball park figure would have to do. Thanks!

13. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

She will actually tell you common knowledge and no big secret. They are market watchers and analyst. That right there should say enough. I would not want there job. When she first started they used to sneak into BB and other stores just to grab pricing. Companies like apple actually care about where sales signs are located in stores, how high products are off the floor and so on. Its all in an effort to sale to the customer. They are hoping for the people to stand outside all night. Why?? It creates buz even for those people not considering buying and ipad...

I do have to say right there with ya though....It does get exciting with new technology.

14. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Wow.. that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy now.

15. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

What would make you feel even more warm and fuzzy is the amount those guys get paid sitting at a desk surfing the web : >)

16. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

It appears you missed my question above...

17. camaroIOM, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

One of the largest and oldest. Ever heard of them? : > )

18. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

Just the thought that some extension of Apple reads these forums and our voices are/ may be heard. But then again... they could just be looking for leaked information.

19. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Yup, definitely heard of them... I guess what I find funny is that Apple doesn't hire people or companies to do market research for them...

20. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

You would be surprised I think.

21. hi res macrumors member

hi res

This guy sounds bogus to me...first off, his grammar is deplorable...secondly, he's saying things like "...they want to hit a home run with iPad 2 sales..." Really? I thought Apple was aiming for a ground rule double...c'mon, what was the point of this post really?

22. camaroIOM thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry about the grammer. Working late and typing away without concern. Had no doubt a post like yours would appear in this thread. Always does. No point to actual thread, but reading all the OMG what are you going to do threads is funny.

23. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

Quit hating! It's obvious that he's telling the truth! No man would go as far as to lie on his wife just to gain status on a public forum. I think the poor grammar is intentional so his true identify won't be revealed. I'm sure that his wife's job would be in jeopardy if her agency found out that she leaked the fact that Apple wants to smother people with Ipads this weekend.

24. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Good stuff... :D

25. hi res macrumors member

hi res

nice!