Quite the problem. Broken option keys and stuck in boot camp...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by michaelh1230, May 22, 2010.

1. michaelh1230 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Recently I was unfortunate enough to witness the spilling of gin and tonic on my precious macbook pro. Luckily, having had spillage issues before, I reduced the damage and now have merely a few keys not working (including both option keys) and some dodgey letters.

After turning off my mac it restarted automatically in boot camp mode and with both option keys broken I can't get back into OS :/ What's more, my boot camp has no sound and the internet doesn't work so it's pretty much turned into an iphone charger.

I was wondering if anybody knew what I could do to rescue my files and what I should do about the broken key situation? :/

Thanks in advance!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Just get an USB keyboard or if files are everything you need, install HFSExplorer for Windows

3. benzslrpee macrumors 6502

benzslrpee

set your MBP into target disk mode when you boot up (if you can) while connecting it to another computer...and see if you can transfer your files off

4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Just to let you know that if you have the Bootcamp client in Windows installed you can change the startup disk and restart back into OS X from there.