Quite the Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KTue, Apr 7, 2014.

1. KTue macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been searching around, and this website usually helps me with most of my problems, but i can't seem to find a way to fix the problems I'm having now with my 3 laptops, and was hoping someone could give me tips or an idea of what i should do. Im good with a soldering gun, i've fixed a few things but this is a problem for me. anyway, getting to the point, i have 3 MacBooks

1 - 2008 15" MacBook Pro A1286 C2D [mine]
    -This one was fixed after the screen when white on me, but wouldn't charge. One day i was on it and *poof* I couldn't turn it on anymore, i plugged the MSAdapter in but only a dim light, I opened it up and smelled a little smoke. After some looking, i found out the IC PWM chip [ Intersil 62 69CRZ] was getting really hot when i plugged the MagSafe in.

2 - 2009 13" MacBook Pro A1278 C2D [my big sister's]
    -This one had randomly happened when my sister was using it, it randomly shut off and now only the SIL is solid. Tried all resets and an SMC bypass to no avail.

3 - 2010 13" MacBook Air A1369 C2D [my mother's]
    -I blame myself completely for this one - After finding some coffee stains inside it (bought it working from ebay with a cracked screen and KBD/mouse broken) i decided to do an alcohol clean on it. i used a new toothbrush, plugged it back in and nothing turned on, no fan, screen :/

i didn't see a point in making 3 separate threads on this so i merged them together. CAN ANYONE HELP ME!! AT THE MOMENT IM ONLY USING THE STRONGEST ONE OUT OF THE 4 IN MY HOUSE which is.. wait for it.. the 2007 A1211 my little sister has :/

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sell them all for parts on eBay. Use the money towards something new and working.