"Quoted By..." Button

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Markoth, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Markoth macrumors 6502

Markoth

I think it would be incredibly useful to have a "quoted by" button, to have easy access to the posts that quoted the post you're interested in. It seems like an obvious addition now that I think about it! It would help reduce redundant posts tremendously. It would also be a million times easier than scanning the thread for replies to a post, that cover the point you were going to make. It would be sooooo useful, and I'd rather not have to write a custom script for it. D:

2. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I second this. Can't tell you how many times I've seen someone ask a question on the first page of a thread, and for the next 7 pages, people are STILL quoting the poster and answering the question for the umpteenth time.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've been thinking about that type of functionality more and more recently. Would be nice if something like that was offered.

4. Markoth thread starter macrumors 6502

Markoth

I'd like for someone from MR to comment on this so this can move forward. I think this feature would be an obvious addition, and best not left to fall into the abyss!