Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duffer

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
Yep, that is also possible.
But also UH25 Pro is different hardware than UH25 MAX.

Is there anyone who use UH25 MAX? Can you please test M.2 drive and add comments in this thread?
I have the UH25 Max and was also experiencing the NVME (WD SN750) disconnect issue. What seems to have worked for me so far is adding a 10w Apple charger with a USB A to USB C cable. Haven't had any disconnects in almost two days and a little over 1tb of data downloaded and then transferred to NAS.

I tried a USB C to USB C cable with a 20w charger and was still getting disconnects.

I also upgraded the firmware to the latest version. A windows machine is needed for the upgrade.

duffer

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
I am still getting disconnects, but it's not as bad as it was. I can't use the ports on the front without the NVMe disconnecting immediately. Bummer really because I inadvertently tossed the box, so I don't know if Amazon will accept the return.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
I am still getting disconnects, but it's not as bad as it was. I can't use the ports on the front without the NVMe disconnecting immediately. Bummer really because I inadvertently tossed the box, so I don't know if Amazon will accept the return.
Did you try using a USB-A Power Adapter connected to the USB-C power port on the back of the Quiizlab hub?

duffer

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
Did you try using a USB-A Power Adapter connected to the USB-C power port on the back of the Quiizlab hub?
I did. 10w USB-A Apple charger with a USB A to USB C cable. No joy.

I bit the bullet and ordered the Trebleet yesterday and received it from Amazon today. I have been hammering on it for a few hours running about 500gb on and off the NVMe without issue. Also had both my iPhone and iPad plugged into it transferring data at the same time. Solidly built unit.

Reactions: Machist

runnersmike

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
I did. 10w USB-A Apple charger with a USB A to USB C cable. No joy.

I bit the bullet and ordered the Trebleet yesterday and received it from Amazon today. I have been hammering on it for a few hours running about 500gb on and off the NVMe without issue. Also had both my iPhone and iPad plugged into it transferring data at the same time. Solidly built unit.
Hi Duffer,

I'm curious how the Trebleet has been working out for your?? I had the Qwiizlab as well but I had the same issues with disconnects.

Br,

///Mike

td100

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2013
The biggest issue I am having with my M2 Pro is the wi-fi drops and is intermittent when the UH25 Pro is connected. When I remove it no problem

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"The biggest issue I am having with my M2 Pro is the wi-fi drops and is intermittent when the UH25 Pro is connected. When I remove it no problem"

Lots of electrical RF interference vs. the wifi signal, I'd reckon.

I'd be connecting via ethernet instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.