QYG 1400 mAh Battery Case - Anyone Have One??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Synergie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I just ordered one from Ebay.... from yes... China. I currently have a Mophie Juicepack Air and find it still a bit bulky, not to mention the top and bottom pieces don't seem to fit together very well (there's always a gap left after they are clicked together) Anyway it doesn't work well as a regular case. I find it sticks down too far on the bottom of the device.

Anyway I was looking online for the slimmest battery case. I don't need to double the battery life of my iphone 4 since I get a full day out of it anyway (or more depending). I just want something just in case I get stuck out somewhere and use it a lot and need an extra boost. Even a couple hours would do.

The QYG touts itself the slimmest (being only 15mm) and it's still 1400 mAh so it should still give a good boost if you need it. There is a power button on it so you can use it just as a regular case until you need it.... you can alternately turn it on from the get go and it will act like your phone is plugged in until the QYG runs out of juice. I'd use it only as a backup so the ability to turn it off or on is a must. As a bonus it has a built in kickstand. And it looks like it sticks down below the iphone less than the Mophie Juicepack Air.

Anyway... does anyone have one of these? Are they any good at all? Or are the pics doing it too much justice (in other words, is it really a cheaply made POJ)??
    The cost was only 28.00 CDN and less than 10.00 shipping... so no loss really if it turns out to be junk. It doesn't look it though in these pics:

[​IMG]

2. Coralie macrumors newbie

Search the forum or look at their site http://www.qyg-online.com/

3. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did search and nothing came up... and I am sure the opinions on their own site will be biased since they are trying to sell it.

I was just wondering if any regular every day people have one and could post their opinion on if it lives up to its claims.

4. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

5. Badfoot, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

Badfoot macrumors 6502

It looks good. I don't have this exact one, but I also bought direct from China at a fraction of the cost of some 'big' name ones, and have had very good service from it. It's been a real bargain and I wouldn't hesitate to buy Chinese again. After all, that's where most of those high end (price) units are made anyway.

edit. Might be useful to post feedback here when it arrives and you've had time to try it.

edit 2. Another source for this type of thing.

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.204~page.1~pagesize.52~pagesort.relevence

6. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got the QYG Power Pack a few weeks ago... (forgot to post here about it!)

It's actually a pretty great battery case! It's not as bulky as the Mophie at all,..... in fact it's such a slim profile that you'd not even believe you had a battery pack on the phone, if it weren't for the little bit that extends below the bottom of the phone. There's almost not thickness to it! Of course, it's only 1400 mAh, so it won't give you double your battery capacity... but it will charge to about 75% from almost dead (less than 10%) which is way more than the average person needs out of a battery case. Most people would need just a boost if they were caught out somewhere with a dying battery. This would easily get you though until you could get to an outlet to charge the iphone.

And it wasn't made cheaply.... or at least it doesn't look or feel like it. I was surprised! The only beef i have is that one side of the top piece won't snap in tightly and there is a small gap as compared to the other side. It's like the phone should sit down just a teeny bit more on the connector. But I hardly notice it.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Isn't the iPhone's original battery around 1400 mah? That would mean that the battery pack isnt very efficient if it only charges to 75%.

8. Coralie macrumors newbie

Right ! most Power packs in the market cannot fully charge iPhone 100% regardless of their claims

9. Retrosonic macrumors regular

Battery Cases

Do any of those slim battery cases come in White?

Thanks,
    Retro

10. waltercln macrumors regular

can anyone confirm if this actually fits the 4s? i have my doubts by looking at the mute/volume.

11. Coralie macrumors newbie

Q-Power Modified FC-8 Mold to fit both iPhone 4S and 4, they widened the Silent switch and opened up the up/down switch for more flexibility.. see the image below not same as old fc-8

[​IMG]

via : QYG-ONLINE.COM

12. duellos macrumors member

Ok bought one too hopefully, i will get mine soon. Certainly is cheaper than most battery cases. But the thickness of it makes it too good to walk away from when u need battery. I'll post pics up once i get it.

13. srowndedbyh2o macrumors regular

Nice looking case, and a great price considering your getting the additional battery power. Save me from having to carry around a separate battery pack:)

14. mukl macrumors newbie

It's pretty good

I bought one from QYG...so it came from China.

FC13 1700 MaH White.

The quality is a lot better than I expected. There is a slight, very slight, ridge that holds the phone in place. So it isn't just the tension from the male to female plug, when seated, the phone can't pull off the battery pack. Then, when you add the outer bumper it holds very securely.

I tried it twice...I really only have it for travel.
    QYG charged to 100% upon receipt (showed 2 bars when plugged in) overnight. Plugged my phone in at 30% and it charged to 98% within a couple of hours. Didn't get hot, except when used, as any phone would.

Second time, charged to 100% after the initial drain (above) overnight. Plugged in when my phone was at 14% and it charged to 87%. I was disappointed.

I emailed QYG, but haven't heard back from them. I was expecting the 1700 would charge it to 100%.

sturdy: yes, very
    heavy: not really
    camera flash does not cause overly cloudy pictures. Some cases cause cloudy pictures when using flash. This one isn't too bad...I'm going to keep it and the cloudy picture thing is a pet peeve of mine.
    easy to put on and take off

I'm going to stick with this...but really, try to get something with over 2000 MaH. That should give you 100% charge when your phone is around 10%.