QYG-Power Battery Case for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Synergie, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I ordered one off Ebay from China... I was a bit leery at first but it's actually quite good! I was surprised!

I should mention that I also own a MiLi Powerspring and a Mophie JuicePack Air as well. And I have seen another brand locally called BlackBox.

The QYG touts itself as being the slimmest... and I have to agree... at least from the ones I have tried personally. It's nowhere near the bulk of the MiLi or Mophie. It's thin enough to be your every day case - in fact if not for the little bit that extends below the bottom of the iphone where the power indicators are, you wouldn't even realize you had a battery case on! It is only 1400 mAh though... but that's way more than enough to get you through any situations where you might be running low on battery power. Most people just want a little boost anyway to get them through to when they can plug their phone in again.

As for the quality... it's not as sturdy feeling as the MiLi or Mophie. It's way thinner plastic. That may be a good thing if you want less bulk, but it's not going to actually give you much protection for your phone really. It does have a rubbery kind of texture to it making it easy to hold on to, and since the battery itself is very thin, it doesn't affect how the phone feels in your hand. The pieces actually fit together quite well... which is more than I can say for my Mophie! My Mophie Juice Pack Air has gaps left at the junction where the pieces connect together... this case doesn't.

An added bonus is the built in kickstand! You can use the kickstand to watch movies etc.

Price wise... it's a steal! The QYG costs about 30.00 USD on average on Ebay while Mophie / MiLi cost anywhere from 60.00 and upward! Obviously if you need more capacity go with the Mophie.... but I was looking for a battery pack that I can use as an every day case as well, and this one wins for that.

I will post some comparison photos as soon as I get the chance.

[​IMG]

2. tangokim macrumors member

i also purchased this off ebay and after 5 days it stop working. everytime i turn on to charge my signal drop to edge and then searching and no service, but if i turn it off service restored. waiting for an exhange or refund.

btw case is great only charge your phone for about 75-85 % only.

3. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

After using this case as my every day case for the last few days, I absolutely love it! I found the Mophie juice pack air too bulky to use as a primary case, but this one is perfect! Of course you lose a bit of capacity in it... on an almost empty iphone it will charge it back to about 80%... which is way more than I would ever need to tide me over until I could get to an outlet :)

4. SethKOne macrumors member

First post mentions that the case costs about $30, but I can only see listings for about $40 (shipped) on ebay. If anyone has a better source, please post.

5. studmule macrumors regular

6. French macrumors regular

I know this is an older thread, but wondering if anyone else has any experience with this or if the OP ever got around to taking pictures.

If the OP is around, I'm also wondering now that it's 4 months later, if it's still working as well as when they first got it.

7. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

8. rjan22 macrumors newbie

China

don't buy this trash, they use fake mAh description, they might say it is 1900mAh but it only is 900mAh, and they use Lithium Ion on the label, but the real content might be metal cadmium which is obsolete oh my oh my China product is all fake, fake label, fake description, fake content. Is it worth destroying your $750+ iPhone 4?

9. Wiki macrumors newbie

Always buy Original QYG Products from the Original site www.qyg-online.com
    Q-Power FC8 is 1400mAh - 1500mAh ( Black & White ) exactly as they described on their site and 15mm thickness and have been reviewed so many times in this forum..

You are also completely WRONG when you said all China products are fake.. which planet are you from?

10. Wiki macrumors newbie

The Kiwibird looks same as the fc8 . They changed the name?