Home R/F & WIFI Smart Thermostat

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by waring192, Jun 1, 2017.

1. waring192 macrumors member

At the moment the thermostat is near the front door and its a big old house and always cold in there. I would like the thermostat to be in one of the main sitting rooms where my grandma sits during the day so what I'm looking for is a way of me being able to check on the temp on my iPhone if I'm out and about (grandma and myself are the last in the family as my mother recently passed away).

The problem is that it needs to have a connection (wireless, RF or Wifi. Sort of like a repeater) to where the existing one is. Hopefully that makes sense?

2. robnbill macrumors member

Consider Ecobee3/4. It allows you to replace your existing thermostat and place a remote sensor in the main sitting room. It can then set the temp based on what you want - remote sensor, main thermostat, or both. The sensor is BT. The thermostat requires an internet connection.

3. waring192 thread starter macrumors member

Cheers, I had a look at that but ideally id like the thermostat where my grandma is so she can adjust the temp also if needed.

What about this?:

http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/home...t-heatmiser-neoair-kit-gen-2-platinum-silver/