Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Tell that to my iPad2, which has become a snail under iOS8.
Oh, don't misunderstand. I hate 7.x because I was forced to it. I'm not on iOS 8 and I would dearly love to return to iOS 6. That's the version on my iPhone 5 that I was forced to give up when I had to replace the phone.

I'm hoping a miracle happens and I can downgrade to iOS 6 at some point. But I'll probably die an old man waiting before then. :rolleyes:

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Oh, don't misunderstand. I hate 7.x because I was forced to it. I'm not on iOS 8 and I would dearly love to return to iOS 6. That's the version on my iPhone 5 that I was forced to give up when I had to replace the phone.

I'm hoping a miracle happens and I can downgrade to iOS 6 at some point. But I'll probably die an old man waiting before then. :rolleyes:

I'd gladly join you in hoping for that downgrade...except that too many apps I have were getting to the point where you couldn't update without going up to iOS 7. So I gave up and upgraded to 7.1.2 at the same time I got the whole iPhone 5 battery recall issue fixed a couple of weeks ago.

I just wish 8 was something to look forward to instead of more of the same unicorn puke! :p

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I'd gladly join you in hoping for that downgrade...except that too many apps I have were getting to the point where you couldn't update without going up to iOS 7. So I gave up and upgraded to 7.1.2 at the same time I got the whole iPhone 5 battery recall issue fixed a couple of weeks ago.

I just wish 8 was something to look forward to instead of more of the same unicorn puke! :p
LOL, yeah. I really hate this version of iOS and I've never hated iOS before. So, this is a new thing for me.

It sticks in my craw because the apps I had in iOS 6 were working for me. I could do everything I wanted to do. That is, nothing that I do on my phone on a routine basis requires that I have iOS 7. I get it in your case and I get it in the case of a lot of other users.

Unfortunately for me, it didn't stay that way.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
It sticks in my craw because the apps I had in iOS 6 were working for me. I could do everything I wanted to do. That is, nothing that I do on my phone on a routine basis requires that I have iOS 7. I get it in your case and I get it in the case of a lot of other users.

Unfortunately for me, it didn't stay that way.

Wow, really? Yesterday I finally upgraded my iPhone 5 from 6.1 to 7.1.2, because most of my favorite apps were no longer being updated (i was missing out on new features and / or bug fixes), and was unable to install many apps because they required IOS 7. Not to mention the fact that FaceTime won't work on IOS 6. Luckily I did it at the last possible second...

Quite frankly I can't believe I waited so long. IOS 7 is a vast improvement over 6. Scroll down to Version History and look at all the new features:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_7

I have all my old JB apps and tweaks working, with the exception of Voicemail Forwarder and LockInfo. And there is no need for SBSettings, as Control Center does everything I need and is much cleaner.

To each his own I guess...

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Wow, really? Yesterday I finally upgraded my iPhone 5 from 6.1 to 7.1.2, because most of my favorite apps were no longer being updated (i was missing out on new features and / or bug fixes), and was unable to install many apps because they required IOS 7. Not to mention the fact that FaceTime won't work on IOS 6. Luckily I did it at the last possible second...

Quite frankly I can't believe I waited so long. IOS 7 is a vast improvement over 6. Scroll down to Version History and look at all the new features:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_7

I have all my old JB apps and tweaks working, with the exception of Voicemail Forwarder and LockInfo. And there is no need for SBSettings, as Control Center does everything I need and is much cleaner.

To each his own I guess...

Well, I really only use about five apps. Facebook, FB Messenger, Starbucks, Dolphin, Email. Those were all working. I could make phone calls and BiteSMS had me covered for SMS/iMessage.

Yes, Bite works in iOS 7. But, I have to use version 8.x. I preferred version 7.6.8 which has a Text Heads feature that has since been removed.

I ask you too. Where is Dashboard X? Gridlock? How come I can only now have four icons across in a folder instead of five? FolderEnhancer still works, but it doesn't allow for five rows.

I hate Control Center and Apple decimated the NC. Gone are NCSettings! Gone is my weather and quite a few of my NC widgets. Forecast on the lockscreen is a joke. The weather icon is in the wrong place and it's not an HTC icon. It's not prominent. Oh sure, I get animated weather now, but guess what? I can't use my own background!

A dev updated a system info widget for the NC the other day. That's great, but I can't put it on my Springboard.

This screenshot is my iOS 6 lockscreen. No way I can get this now. Gone are LivePapers and my Nexus Livepaper.

Gone are a lot of things. And in it's place I get a fruitcake iOS! :(

Attachments

• IMG_2084.PNG
    IMG_2084.PNG
    708.4 KB · Views: 85

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I feel your pain, brother. That's worse than I imagined.

On the bright side, you are finally able to install and use Tinder. ;)

Wow, really? Yesterday I finally upgraded my iPhone 5 from 6.1 to 7.1.2, because most of my favorite apps were no longer being updated (i was missing out on new features and / or bug fixes), and was unable to install many apps because they required IOS

Although it may seem tempting, I know several people who choose not to update their apps. I somewhat regretted updating to iOS 7 from iOS 6 on my 5 but three things made me update: the OTA download that was on my device which was consuming my storage (my iphone is just 16 GB), the security feature if lost/stolen, and finally a co-worker showed me her 4S and it worked fine (at first).

With iOS 8, there is nothing that is of interesting to me. As long as my "old" apps work fine with iOS 7.1.2 there is no need to update.

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
Well, I really only use about five apps. Facebook, FB Messenger, Starbucks, Dolphin, Email. Those were all working. I could make phone calls and BiteSMS had me covered for SMS/iMessage.

Yes, Bite works in iOS 7. But, I have to use version 8.x. I preferred version 7.6.8 which has a Text Heads feature that has since been removed.

I ask you too. Where is Dashboard X? Gridlock? How come I can only now have four icons across in a folder instead of five? FolderEnhancer still works, but it doesn't allow for five rows.

I hate Control Center and Apple decimated the NC. Gone are NCSettings! Gone is my weather and quite a few of my NC widgets. Forecast on the lockscreen is a joke. The weather icon is in the wrong place and it's not an HTC icon. It's not prominent. Oh sure, I get animated weather now, but guess what? I can't use my own background!

A dev updated a system info widget for the NC the other day. That's great, but I can't put it on my Springboard.

This screenshot is my iOS 6 lockscreen. No way I can get this now. Gone are LivePapers and my Nexus Livepaper.

Gone are a lot of things. And in it's place I get a fruitcake iOS! :(

What? ... No Joyce Randolph? ;-)

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
How long before 8 is as stable as the last release of 7? I wish I never would have updated or at least waited for the .1 update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.