R.I.P iTunes Home Sharing

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by the1payday, Jun 30, 2015.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

2. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

What the hell? Are you telling me instead of fixing that buggy mess (lately I never got it to work on iOS anymore) they finally just removed it?! The Apple Music story just gets 'better' and better.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Amazing! :rolleyes:

Home Sharing still is listed for videos though.

4. skadd macrumors regular

5. jtrenthacker macrumors regular

This is ******** Apple. That's the one feature that I hoped they would finally fix as I use it all the time. Nope, just remove it. Getting closer and closer to abandoning iTunes.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I assume you are talking about the iOS app. Home Sharing still works just fine on iTunes on the mac.

7. jtrenthacker macrumors regular

Yes. The iOS app. Used to work great a few years ago. Then started having trouble loading my large library. Still worked like charm on my 1st gen iPad with ios5. It was a very convenient feature when working.

8. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Most likely they want us to use the music in the cloud feature so there is no need to connect to other computers.

9. jtrenthacker macrumors regular

Then I will find a third party app to get it done I guess. I don't want my music in the Apple cloud unless it can be in Apple lossless. I may be in the minority but the more Apple steers users towards the cloud and takes away useable features, the more likely I will use something else.