R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by yfile, Mar 14, 2017.

1. yfile macrumors member

Dear Admin, please move MacPro forum to Wasteland. Please stop flogging a dead horse.

2. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Point noted.

But, even if the Mac Pro is a dead product line, many of us continue to get a lot of use out of the ones we have. So a forum to discuss possible updates, repairs, and troubleshooting is still worthwhile.

3. Larry-K macrumors 68000

Yes, we can't hold Apple responsible for actually building something worthwhile once upon a time.

4. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

Not saying that we shouldn't expect Apple to stop selling a 2013 nMP at a price premium that reflects the latest technology.

But, it's Apple. They'll sell it until it won't sell. And once they've cleared out all inventory, they'll likely discontinue it.

It is time for Apple to either release an update, or announce that they're leaving the market.

But regardless of whether any new machines are ever built. Even if Apple was to totally shut down the company tomorrow. It still benefits the users that already own Mac Pro computers to have a place / forum to discuss their machines, exchange ideas on how to update / upgrade them, and how to continue to get the most productive use out of their investment.

While it might be advisable to abandon the company named Apple, it serves no purpose to abandon the user's who already own the existing products.

5. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

If it wasn't for the encouragement I found on this forum I would not be enjoying my highly upgraded Mac Pro1,1.
    So I hope the forum remains as a top notch site for support and ideas for existing MP users.

6. fastlanephil macrumors 65816

fastlanephil

There are still active Amiga and Atari computer online user forums.

7. ibarnett macrumors regular

ibarnett

Dear Admin,
    My two 5,1 Mac Pro's are still running a great race.
    I have, & still am, learning much from this forum.
    Please ignore post #1.

8. Larry-K macrumors 68000

It's the old "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" thing.

Nobody's more annoyed at Apple than I am for abandoning my workstation needs, yet I'm still doing lots of work with my old MacPros, so I'm happy they're still in business and prospering, at least I can glean what little support is still available from them.

I'm sure both they and Adobe (two "A" companies I once respected, who are now "Holes" in my book) are hard at work figuring out how to kill off legacy users, so everybody drinks the Kool-Aid and tows the party line, asking for more Emojis, USB-C Dongles, Tiny Overpriced-Underspecced Computer Wannabes or whatever the hell it is they do now.

9. JimGoshorn macrumors 6502

JimGoshorn

This forum provides a valuable service to those who still have Mac Pro computers so please leave it open.

10. OS6-OSX macrumors 6502a

OS6-OSX

Some are flogging a Rotten Apple!
    Rotten Apple.png

11. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

I never used a Mac Pro, but I find this part of these forums to be among the most helpful and generous. So, for a lurker who appreciates that model and the folks who still have their old ones running, please keep this part of the forum open.

12. pat500000 macrumors G3

pat500000

we need to have self-help for mac pro users.

13. Bart Kela Suspended

Bart Kela

No, we need to have a 12-step program for Mac Pro users.

14. now i see it macrumors 68020

15. jeff7117 macrumors regular

16. Supermacguy macrumors 6502

Maybe this forum should be renamed to "Build a Hackintosh Tutorials"

17. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

There is an "Ignore forum" link below "Post new thread button" if it hurts you that much.