r u sick of hearing about IPHONES?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TommyLee, Jul 8, 2008.

?

Are you sick of hraing about iPhones?

1. Yes.

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No.

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Yes, and I own an iPhone

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. No and I own an iPhone

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyLee macrumors regular

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

3. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

same here i want to hear about the upcoming mb's and mbp's!!!

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    A little I guess. I would rather hear about OTHER Apple hardware (that won't fit in a pocket) and software updates... :rolleyes:

But I understand how powerful that pint-sized technology is/will be. Besides, I don't really get sick of hearing about ANYTHING Apple. :D :apple:

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I'm almost as sick of hearing about iPhone news as I am of hearing people complain about it.

;)

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm not really sick of it, but i would like to hear more about mac computers though

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I'm sick of people not using the search function.:mad: There have been enough threads about too much iPhone news, deal with it and add the iPhone forum to your ignored forums. Here is a thread you would have found if you searched.

Thread link.

8. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Touché! ;) :)

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

I'm sick of people not knowing how to spell and using annoying AOL shorthand on forums.

10. mithrilfox macrumors regular

mithrilfox

The iPhone has taken control of the Mac rumors website, as well as many other forums such as these. It's an obsession whose end I eagerly await.

11. idyll macrumors 6502

Where do people keep hearing about them?

Only time I hear about them is when mine rings ;)

12. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Sick of it. I want to hear about Macs.

They should make another forum called iphonerumors.com and just stick all of the posts in there so we don't have to see or deal with them.

13. djellison macrumors 68020

Front page is currently iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, Microsoft Vista Ads, iPhone, iPhone, Mobile Me, iPhone, iPhone, iPhone.

And yet there is still an 'iPhone blog' list on the left of the front page. Why isn't every iPhone entry in there instead of the main page?

It makes the MacRumors front page somewhere I am not longer interested in - so many stories about a cell phone that can't take movies, has a crap camera, doesn't have proper blue tooth, can't do MMS, can't do voice dialing, has crap battery life, is very very expensive, and available only on a carrier I have no interest in moving to.

14. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

A little but more significantly I'm sick and ****ing tired of people complaining about being sick of hearing them!

Just don't read stories past the headline if you don't want to FFS!

:mad:

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

QFMFCADT

It's an Apple product that didn't hit all the notes at first, they made a new version to fix this and are releasing it very soon. Of course there will be plenty of news posts about it!
    Just as much as the Intel switch, the new MB, the metal iMac and any new iPod revision.

So WTF. Sick of these new members with this kind of mentality.

The worst bit is when people can't write properly - "txt speak" worked on a phone because of the limited keypad, you're now on a computer with a keyboard. Use it.

Hey guys complaining... I tell you what! Why not go out there and have a look for other Apple products coming out soon? Ever stop to think that maybe all these iPhone news bits are here because it's the only leaks coming from Apple, the only new Apple product being reviewed?

16. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

Yes cause I dont know whats so interesting about it. Could someone tell me what the fuss is about? Cause I just dont get it. It cost an insane amount of money if you calculate the included monthly fees and specwise I dont even see why it should get the hype. Nowadays you got phones with much better battery life, better cameras, smaller, sleeker, thinner and in general much better specs then the iphone.

I mean I could even browse the web with my 3 year old SE phone and it also got a 2mp camera. Its more then 3 years old for crying out loud!

I'm not flaming anyone but I just want to know what the hype is all about. Am I missing something? Cause I seriously dont get it.

I also want to hear more about the new macbooks and ipods. Thats tons more interesting.

17. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

If there was any news to report it would have been reported already, the iphone generates as much interest as it does simply because it's a smart phone that anyone can use that doesn't entirely suck. Have you ever tried using windows mobile or symbian? They both suck ring and if you compare smartphones with similar features the iphone is not significantly more expensive.

People throughout apple's history have *always* compared their products to non-equivalent competing products, such as the mac mini to desktop towers when it should be compared to boxes of the same size and mac pros/G5's to high end consumer towers when compared to workstations they're damn cheap.

Quit your whining, if you don't want the damn thing don't buy a normal phone but don't come crying when you discover how annoyingly ***** modern fully featured phones are these days.

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The interface and the soon-to-be App Store lift it to something special.

Anyway, better get used to it. MacRumors is skating to where the puck is going and within the next few years, as prices come down for handsets and plans, more of us will have one.

By the way, I don't own one but have played with others'... it's a unique and desirable object.

19. kaitlinsm macrumors newbie

kaitlinsm

No u.

Whining about people whining about people talking about stuff is epic recursive fail.

Oh wait.

Now i'm bitching about you bitching about someone bitching about people talking about the jesus phone.

This is madness!

20. bandaros macrumors member

Madness?

THIS. IS.

No, I won't go there.

But honestly, I'm a little tired of all the topics on it, they've become like spam... not much anyone can do about it though...

21. kaitlinsm macrumors newbie

kaitlinsm

"...FAGGOTRY!!!"?

22. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

It was worth a try, anyway.

Attached Files:

23. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

[​IMG][/CENTER]

24. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry I didnt mean to offend anybody I just wanted to know what the hype is all about. Cause I've seen smartphones with 5mp camers, gps, sd card slots etc...

So.. I just wanted to know. I didnt mean to offend anybody. I'm not interested in any smartphones. So its not in my interest to bash one smartphone in favour of the other

25. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This thread has passed its sell-by date and even as left-overs, isn't very appetising.

We have a number of similar threads in Site and Forum Feedback, feel free to chime in there. :)

Toooo much iPHONE!
    Too much iphone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.