Race Driver : Grid

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, May 31, 2008.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well I picked this up this weekend and have to say I am impressed.

I'm not normally the biggest racing car game player, however I recently have got into GT5 Prologue, and DIRT on the PS3 and have finally made progress into PGR4 at long last.

So I had extra store credit and decided to pick this up (I bought the PS3 version) and I'm very happy with it.

Difficulty seems very balanced, and the instant reply / flashback option is worked well into the game (even if you do have to fricking pause the game and go into a menu to access it - they could have just assigned to the DPad)

Graphically and presentation wise the game is of an excellent standard throughout. Certainly appears to be running at 60 FPS and the menu system and presentation is an evolution of that which appears in DIRT.

I have yet to play online (I'm just getting my road legs, I'm too much of newb in this genre really for online competition) but will eventually give it a go.

A very worthy addition to my gaming library and its great to see that at least codemasters can produce a great multiformat game that excels on both platforms equally (instead of PS3 version being gimped).

Anyone else taking the plunge with GRID ?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Some developer already pass this a long time ago. Most multiplat games are of the same quality these days...there are the usual suspects but that won't change.

Does it work with the wheel? I've only played the demo and it was alright but I can't judge it by that.

Is rumble supported?

Bless

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

My turn.. I hated it. It's a arcady racer with controls that are much too sensitive for their own good. The graphics were ok-good, but overall the ***** gameplay ruined it for me. I couldn't stand it with or without using my Logitech G25 wheel (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/131&cl=us,en)

CodeMasters took over the F1 franchise, lets hope the cat doesn't cough up garbage similar to this game when it comes to the new F1 game.

4. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I wouldn't necesserily say it was totally arcade. It feels somewhat between simulation and arcade to me. I enjoy it - though I'm only using standard dual shock 3. I have had no problems with the controls what so ever and I am not normally a racing game player, though I have started getting into them more of late.

The biggest thing is... for once I'm not dumping on a game Ed! give me a break :p (or have the roles reversed ;) )

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Glad to hear you like it MRU. I'm currently waiting for my import copy to turn up.