Radar-in-Motion widget mystery

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chickadee, Mar 16, 2011.

1. chickadee macrumors newbie

I have yet to find an animated (non-browser) weather radar that even comes close to the awesomeness of RadarinMotion, which unfortunately seems to have been abandoned for the time being.

On my older Air, the widget continues to work just fine, merrily displaying the regional 300-mile weather map, even after upgrading to 10.6.6.

However, after adding the widget to my new Air, also running 10.6.6, attempts to load the local map result in an Invalid Location! message. I've tried copying the preferences and even the widget itself over, but no dice.

Anyone have any ideas why one might work and not the other?

Thanks!

2. Hoople611 macrumors newbie

Hoople611

I love Radar-in-Motion too. It goes on every Mac I use. Mine stopped working on both my home and work Macs starting last weekend till yesterday. It started working again and I was having the same issue, invalid location and no radar map. As a sanity test try a different map to see if the widget is still working.

3. chickadee thread starter macrumors newbie

Holy cannoli, it does work again! After screwing around with it for days and days, I guess I gave up a couple of hours too early. Thanks so much -- this will vastly improve the wet, baleful dog situation around here.

4. Hoople611 macrumors newbie

Hoople611

I was much relieved when it started working again too. Maybe it was a feed issue. Huzzah! :D Enjoy.