Radeon 2600HD?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Nitro1, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

So i have the above listed graphics card in my 2008 mac pro 8core with 6GB of ram. I am wondering a few things

A. I have dual monitors and one of them does not look as nice and the same colors as the opposite. They booth are on the same settings and same color profile. So i am wondering if the monitor is bad or the graphics card possibly?

B. If i wanted to upgrade and not spend a ton of cash what would you recommend. My screen are capable HDMI and i have 2 so please keep that in mind.

Thank you so much.

2. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat as you.So will follow your thread.
    i ordered 8gb ram to go with my 2gb.
    Also have to get another internal Hddrive
    but the gpu is what im investigating.

3. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I got the ati 4870 radeon card and wondering if i have this card with the 2600xt, how will the programs know which card to use for cpu intensive tasks like FCP etc.?

4. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

the computer uses the graphic card the screen is connected to.

5. gotzero macrumors 68040

It is probably differences in the panels unless it is extremely noticeable. I use the 2600 to drive two secondary monitors, and they look great.

Is it bad enough that it is distracting? If so, I suppose there would be a problem with the card, but I would switch the display ports first and see if the colors are constant on each panel.

6. Nitro1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Great idea. I will give that a try and see what happens. If so i might go and warranty the bad monitor it is still under warranty.

Any idea's about a good new card?