Radiation-proof case by Pong and IDEO

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Drunken Master, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

Wonder if this is worth it at $60.

[​IMG]

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1672790/a-stylish-iphone-case-that-blocks-harmful-radiation#1

2. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

So where does it re-direct the radiation to? Towards the person you are pointing your iPhone at?? :confused:

3. Drunken Master thread starter macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

Out of the back of the phone, from what I gather.

My momma always told me not to point my phone at people, it's rude.

4. Warcake macrumors regular

who points a phone at a person?(and dont say when taking pictures) anyway, it just disperses it through the back.

5. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Isn't the "radiation" the wireless signal?

If this works, it would negatively affect the cell reception (if it worked perfectly, it would completely block cell reception). If cell reception isn't affected, then this doesn't do anything.

6. errol macrumors 6502

errol

This case reminds me of those old scammer signal boosters people used to sell that you were supposed to put inside your Nokia barphone's battery. Another words, probably ineffective.

7. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I remember seeing that Penn and Teller series on HBO where they interview the guy who invented those adhesive radiation shields for cell phones. It turns out his background is in marketing and advertising. He has absolutely no scientific background whatsoever.

8. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

This pretty much blocks the phone signal, which in returns makes the phone work harder (And produce way more local radiation.) and battery life will drop much faster.

Then the radiation still has to go somewhere so I guess this case points it in to one direction? So pretty much you are getting a full dose of a even stronger radiation at a smaller point. Sounds good!

Anyways ignoring all of this, just stop eating bananas, you will save up on your "Radiation" dosage.

But hey lets just market radiation as bad and not worry about differences between ionizing radiation and thermal radiation.