Radio app FStream now records program

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Habakuk, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

Free FStream has got an update and is now able to record the streamed radio programs! It can play all wma and mp3 (and more except real media) streams. There is also a new Web Management Tool (via local Wi-Fi) for easily filling out the station forms on Mac/Safari and synchronizing with iPhone/iTouch.

I've posted a little tutorial how to program this nice app for some Austrian and German stations (governed by public law) in a German-language forum (see the URL list there please - ORF FM4 is okay p. e.).

2. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

3. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

This is very awesome. Really useful. Great free app, a must get

Zym

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If they stream mp3, ogg/vorbis,aac, and wma, I don't see why not.

What I'd like to know is if they can do point in time recording.. like if you hear something on a live stream, rewind it, hit the record button, and record what you had just heard live..

BL.

5. theoski macrumors member

Next stop schedule recording just like orb.com? ;)

The new web management tool is awesome.

For some reason, the app still has problems connecting to the internet on cellular network without going to the browser first. I wonder how is pandora doing it since it is never giving any problems.

Another little issue I am getting is when attaching bluetooth a2dp sometimes I complete loose sound while pausing or changing stations.

I would allow to set the buffer size to find the golden bullet for any 3G to EDGE switches which immediately cause buffer underrun.

Still, hands down the best radio app on iphone. Getting closer to TCPMP but radio recording feature is niceeeeeeee. Now record radio programs in MP3 anyone?

Please donate, this is a great free app.

6. Habakuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Or like EyeTV... Some updates later: TV recording with the iPhone. In 3-5 years maybe?

Yes indeed. It was very hard before to type in the URLs like this
    http://c17000-l.i.core.cdn.streamfarm.net/17000hr/live/3435hr1/de_96.mp3
    with the iPhone virtual keyboard (now you can accomplish it with your "real" mac and c&p) - but even that worked!

7. EricJD macrumors regular

So how do I transfer the recording back to my computer?

8. Habakuk thread starter macrumors 6502a

The same way how you program your radio stations: With the Web Management Tool (in iPhone/FStream tap "More" icon with three points then scroll down, "activate server" and change the password). No need of special software on your computer (in the same Wi-Fi network), just type the given URL in Safari's address line then name and password. You'll get the FStream Web Module in Safari and have the choice between

Manage your favorites
    Manage your records

The rest is self explaining.

9. theoski macrumors member

Lets start with radio, it seems more doable right now :)

10. psibernaut, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

psibernaut macrumors newbie

FStream Web Interface Query

Can you help me?

I can't seem to get it to work.

What is the correct syntax I should type in Safari's address field? I've tried typing "http://192.168.0.101.808/" but that won't work. I'm guessing I need to add the username and password as well. Let's say the username is "iphone" and the password is "password"; how exactly do I enter these?

Thanks in advance.

psibernaut >;-)

11. psibernaut macrumors newbie

OK, I've sussed it...

I should've used a colon instead of a full-stop (a period, to US readers) before the 8080! Watch your typos folks! :-D

psibernaut >;-)