Radio App, not Pandora

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by esadb, Sep 9, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Im in Canada so Pandora is out of the question unless i use Hotspot Shield.. Which for some reason after 1 song playback just takes for ever and it just seems to hang at the loading thing...

I also currently have Wunder Radio..

I guess im looking for a good App, plus perhaps some good stations that you guys would recommend!

Thanks

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

Looks good. But i see they limit stuff for the Basic version unless you get a monthly subscription

4. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

The limit is only that you can't cache stations, and you can't do more than six skips an hour.

Wife uses it this way every day for working out. Love it. I have a subscription.

Between WunderRadio (I also have) and ooTunes, I believe there is a good bit of station duplication (at least so I've read, not checked into).

For other specific radio stations not covered by those two....iHeartRadio, AOL Radio, etc. etc. Not sure if those are available and work in Canada though.

5. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

ooTunes gets my vote as well.. has a lot of Canadian stations and international.

Also the fella running it was very supportive when I had a problem with a stream.

6. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

No way to get those sirus stations for free is there?

I dont understand how they have those blocked off? Like shouldn't you be able to just tune into the frequency and listen?

7. anchorfree macrumors newbie

Hello...I noticed you were using the old VPN configuration for Hotspot Shield. Just wanted to let you know that Hotspot Shield for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch is available in the iTunes Appstore now. You can try it for free :).

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hotspot-shield-vpn/id443369807

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Another good online radio app is SHOUTcast. I use that in addition to Pandora.