Radio Interference through Speakers

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Xavier, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Xavier macrumors 68020

I have been experiencing this annoying radio interference through my speakers. I just noticed it, but it must have been happening for awhile.

I have been told you wrap my cables, but that really isn't an option.

Anyway to get rid of this radio interference? Its picking up a country station too! this is horrible!

2. Xavier thread starter macrumors 68020

I suppose wrapping my cables is my best option, or outfitting the room with these speakers with some sort of acoustical panel to deaden radio interference. I guess i solved my own question!

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

The first thing is to figure out HOW the radio is getting into the system. Is it via speaker cables, power cord or possibly some little part inside is acting like an antenna.

Acoustic pannels in the room will do nothing, that are for reducing room echo.

What kin of cables do you have? If they are coax or shielded RCA type adding more sield will do nothing.

If you want advice you will need to describe your system in good detail.

The first step is simply to try a different power outlet, then a power line filter

4. jeffgtr macrumors regular

This worked for me

I had the same problem with my studio monitors. Get yourself a couple of twist ties and coil the power cable in a loop. I've also read that ferrite disks layed on top of the power cables helps but I didn't have to go that far.