Radio on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EwanMcTeagle, Sep 14, 2012.

1. EwanMcTeagle macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

Hi,

my question probably appeared before - I've tried to find the answer, but couldn't get through all the threads. I would appreciate if you could take your time guys and help me out.
    I'm planning to buy my girlfriend the 4S (hope to get a better deal now that 5 is about to hit shelves). But there's one issue - no FM radio on Iphone and radio is a must have for my girlfriend when it comes to mobile phones.
    Therefore I wanted to ask you guys how could I resolve this iPhone shortcoming?
    Is there a "radio app" I could use together with headphones that have an antenna (I have Nokia and HTC headphones both with FM antenna build in)? Would that work? If so which app would your recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

2. bigdavecox90 macrumors member

TuneIn Radio is a good one, but think you may only be able to use it over Wi-Fi which I guess is no good for your girlfriend?

3. Netherscourge macrumors 6502

Not sure if it's around anymore, but there used to be a special charger case for the iPhone 4 that was 4S compatible and it had not only an extra battery in the case but an FM receiver as well (it was operated by an app on the phone).

I only saw it once like 2 years ago. I never got it. But you may want to look around to see if they still sell it somewhere.

http://www.lingodab.co.uk/product_iRis.php

I think this was it. There may be others now actually if you look around.

4. EwanMcTeagle thread starter macrumors 6502

EwanMcTeagle

That receiver seems to the best solution although a bit pricy. Couldn't find it in Poland, but found it on Amazon.co.uk for 60 pounds.

Thanks a lot guys!

5. cashville2400 macrumors member

cashville2400

I use Tune In Radio everyday. I love it and I use it on regular Sprint 3g with no problems. There is also another one iHeartRadio that is also pretty good.