radio shack called

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dean04, Jun 22, 2010.

1. dean04 macrumors newbie

they are getting 0 in on the 24 no big surprise i guess. then the manager that called asked me if knew anyone that would like to buy his 3gs ?? i hung the phone up.. and my area is chattanooga tn maybe diff. in your area ?

2. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

Hahahaha

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

Freaking crook that is the manager. You know they got a few iPhone 4 but getting one for himself and ebaying the rest.

4. jmike314 macrumors member

then the manager that called asked me if knew anyone that would like to buy his 3gs ??

LOL.......
    "We won't be getting any of the new iphone 4s, but by an odd coincidence...I no longer need my 3Gs."

What an a** - I'd have cussed him out.

5. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

6. MissyD macrumors member

I'd report that manager to the HQ, if they even care. You know he got some in, and they are all going to him and his buddies.

7. waznuf macrumors newbie

I just went and talked to Radioshack today. The manager told me that he knows his first shipment for Thursday and that they did not get any white phones at all. HOWEVER, he says there is another shipment coming on Friday but he doesn't have the inventory list on that and won't have it until the day before :(

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

RS is calling all 13 people who pre-ordered with them here and offering walkie-talkies & CB radios.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Maybe the manager meant the new 3GS Apple is shipping? Because if he seriously was trying to sale you his 3GS... wow.

10. Built macrumors 68020

To the OP...

It is for this reason that I would never purchase anything from an RS. I have found them to be unprofessional and quirky.

Even though Corporate gives each of the stores a lot of latitude as to how they operate, you really need to report this.

11. dean04 thread starter macrumors newbie

dont think you can call it pre-order i guess they only had me write my name and # in an notebook and said we will call you

12. dean04 thread starter macrumors newbie

no.. it was his!! or someone he knew not a store purchase

13. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

My Shack got four in and I am first on the list. The manager let me hold the box but refused to let me have it. lol I dont blame her but it wasn't for lack of trying.

14. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

15. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

16. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

That's weird. But I guess all stores are different. Mine called today to let me know they'll have a 32GB black available for me on the 24th, and I didn't even have a PIN. And they said they have 1 extra in case I knew someone that was looking. I was shocked because I was 99% sure I was gonna have to travel a few hours to get my reserved one at the Apple Store.

I know it's RadioShack...but if I get the phone I want, on the date I planned on getting it, I'll be happy. :)

17. TurdFerguson macrumors 6502

Where is this RadioShack at?

18. Fuchal macrumors 68020

19. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

... they want their market share back...

Manager - Do you want the 3GS and oh, btw, what is your phone number?

20. cx300 macrumors member

Funny story,

Was in Radio Shack picking up a 12v power connector and FedEx comes in with a package about 14x10x9 BIG sticker that says "Do not open for risk of agreement" or something to that nature.

I did not pay much attention and was in another isle when the stupid lady says "Hey FedEx Driver, want to know whats in here?" FedEx says "Don't really care" Lady working says "Look, i4's" and picks one out of the box.

Yes, I looked, no there were no whites, 6 16gb, 6 32gb. All spoken for with reservations.

Needless to say the employee was no help Offering me resistors when I said I needed a particular 12v Power connector and that without it, only wanted to explain how she fell down stairs this morning, the manager walked out yesterday, the 18yo girl employee was sick, the VP was going to look at the store tomorrow and how she needed to get x-rays... Worst employee I have ever come across...