Radio Shack = Fail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SubSolar, Jun 23, 2010.

1. SubSolar macrumors newbie

Welp, guess I won't be getting an iPhone 4 tomorrow. Just called my guy at Radio Shack and he said they aren't getting any tomorrow. In fact he said that Apple promised them 40,000 originally but now only 3,000 will be available to the entire country's Radio Shack stores tomorrow. So pretty much none out here on the west coast Radio Shacks. He said I was one of the two people that actually got a PIN too. Probably won't see any for a week or two.

2. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

3. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd hazard a guess and say that it will take a bit longer then a week before radio shack starts seeing the iphone in any sort of quantity. Maybe a month or longer.

5. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

"your"? Come on dude, at least use the proper "you're" if you're going to make a joke. For shame.

6. dojoman macrumors 65816

Does Radio Shack still ask for phone number when you buy batteries?

7. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

8. bunger macrumors 6502

Same story for me as well... load of crap! I am going to try to get one from the local AT&T store on the 29th as I also highly doubt that the Shack will see any stock within a couple of weeks...

9. Jamz00 macrumors member

My radio shack said they would have two 32gb and I'm in CA. That's it. Hopefully I get one of those 2.

10. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

How is Radio Shack still in business seriously? They have to be some kinda front for some south american drug runners or Al-Qaeda or something. I think Jessie Ventura should investigate.

11. pab277 macrumors regular

when i called earlier today asking if they would be selling any tomorrow, the employee's response was "uhh...probably, we haven't received any yet..but sure.."

12. SubSolar thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I'll just wait for them to get their first batch. They said they'd give me $200 in Radio Shack credit/gift card for my 3GS, and I can apply that gift card to the iPhone 4 so it's worth the wait for me. I don't want to go through the hassle of selling it on craigslist or ebay.

13. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

It has something to do with thermite paint

14. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Same here, though knowing the demand for this phone and how far down the list of credibility Radio Shack has been, I'm not surprised. I'll probably wait until they get them just so I can trade in my 3GS hassle-free, but who knows how long that will be.

They handled it badly from the start though, Best Buy handled their pre-order setup much better.

15. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I understand not wanting the hassle, but I could have sold your 3GS for $300 in about an hour. Does that seem like a lot of hassle?

:confused: