Radio Shack taking preorders now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RKilbane20, Jun 11, 2010.

1. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

So I just got back from Radio Shack and they are now taking pre preorders of the iPhone. They expect all the preorders to fill up and are giving priority preordering to anybody who pre preorders now. I was the first on the list.

2. timmypv15 macrumors regular

3. Built macrumors 68020

Personally, I wouldn't trust Radioshack...too many variables in the way each individual store is operated.

Is it really a "guaranteed pre-order" or just some sort of "priority request."?

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I would be sketchy about this because who knows if they are allowed to do this. Both AT&T and Apple are doing it on the 15th, so why would a store that has no connection to the phone get to do it early?

I would wait because what if something happens and these people do not get their phone because Radioshack messed up?! Then those people think they have iPhones and find out too late that they do not and can not get one in time for launch.

Just something to think about. :)

5. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They said they cant legally take money now. So they are making a list with your name and information. On monday they will call the people on the list and tell them to come in tomorrow morning and pay the 50 dollar deposit on the phone. People on the pre preorder list get priority first.

6. timmypv15 macrumors regular

Just called, mine said they aren't taking any names or anything until they hear from corporate on the 15th.

7. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

I may do that, depending on how they take trade-ins on old iPhones. Anyone have any idea how their trade-in system works?

8. bat95132 macrumors member

DONT BE FOOLED!! They are taking names and will simply call down the list to notify you the day before to come in the next day to preorder. You have NO advantage and in no way are you on a preorder list!!!

My name is the first on the list too and it means nothing!!

9. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. RKilbane20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I still plan on getting there when they open anyway to preorder. Do you think there will be a line?

11. bat95132 macrumors member

Small very very small

12. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

There are 3 radio shacks within 10 miles of me. I wonder which one I should start at on tuesday lol