Radio Shack

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OMGitsNoodle, Jul 2, 2010.

1. OMGitsNoodle macrumors newbie

I've been on this website day & night reading like every topic :)

But I have 2 questions,

First, if I decided to get my i4 from Radio Shack , do they have any remotely good accidental plans?

Second, I'm going to end up selling my 3G 8g, it has normal wear and tear plus a small crack on the back that starts by the charger port. Looks like if its dropped again it might finally break. Soo.....eBay or Radio Shack $100 trade in?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You'll certainly get more then $100 bucks if you sell it yourself.

Given the high volume of threads about radio shack not having any inventory, over promising, I'd say avoid them and go with a retailer with a proven track record,like the AT&T store or the apple store.

3. OMGitsNoodle thread starter macrumors newbie

I know apple does a little trade in if you've damaged your phone for like $200
    , or if you're not satisfied with your faulty one for free

but im not sure if AT&T does any kind of replacements since they are not apple.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Apple is the place you take your iPhone, regardless of where you bought it, if you need warranty service.

If you need out-of-warranty service, and have a 3rd-party warranty (like the Best Buy one), you'd use that first. If you don't have a 3rd-party warranty, as long as your iPhone is it one piece, Apple will do an out-of-warranty replacement for $199.

If you buy a new iPhone, decide you don't like it and want to return it, you return it to wherever you bought it from.