radio streaming apps and iOS 4

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by javaGuru, Jun 29, 2010.

1. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I did a quick search to and didn't see any other similar questions. Would anyone happen to know if there are any radio streaming apps, other than pandora, that currently use iOS 4 to allow streaming in the background? I would love to see wunderradio or another similar app offer this soon.

2. senorian macrumors regular

Pocket Tunes Radio just updated last night with streaming in the background.

3. luisflamex macrumors newbie

By far the best radio app is ooTunes. I have tried Wundor and Pocket in the past and i would say the quality, easiness and features of ooTunes surpasses others. ooTunes is also capable of running in the background.

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I've used PocketTunes and WunderRadio, but recently switched to the iOS4-ready Tune-In Radio. Really well-done app - highly recommended.

5. crazyitalian198 macrumors regular

TuneIn Radio is great! It allows you to pause any radio stream and resume much like a DVR. Oh, and you can also record for later!

It kicks the hell out of WunderRadio from my experience.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I love ooTunes. Since Sirius sucks at updating their app ooTunes does a great job streaming Sirius in the background in addition to the thousands of other stations that are available.

7. javaGuru thread starter macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I just installed pocket tunes and I love it so far. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

8. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

i just switched from wunderradio (paid $6-7) to tune in (paid $2) and am very satisfied. it has all the stations i listened to before, a better "genre" selection and the DVR mode is awesome. i skip commercials when i listen to sports talk. i couldn't be happier.

9. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Check out AccuRadio...just updated for iOS4 with full multitasking and "Swipe Left" controls and lock screen capability...great little app! :D