Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reno404

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2006
Brussels, Yurop
hey guys!

I tried to listen to the KROQ streaming on my MacBook, and after logging in, it wouldn't work. a part of the page remained blank. When opening the page on a PC in windows, it worked, and I saw the player was a Macromedia Flash player.

So I installed that on my Macbook - but still no game (in Safari. When trying in FireFox, it crashes).

I had this problem earlier for another station, and someone gave me an URL to copy-paste in iTunes, and that worked fine.

So to the point:

How do I listen to KROQ on my MacBook?

Who'll be able to help me on this?

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
It looks like they have their own player, which is probably not Mac compatible. What happens when you give them your email address (besides spam)? Another source is Live365. But if it has to be KROQ use the feedback button on their site and ask them.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
If it's a Flash player, the player is probably Mac compatible. But if there's any JavaScript on the page (and there probably is to interact with the player) there's a good chance it just won't work at all if it's tested on IE-only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.