Radio talk show host - Bashing iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m3coolpix, Jul 15, 2010.

1. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

So, our local radio talk show host (KRLD 1080 am in DFW, TX) started his 3 hour talk show today with nothing but bashing the iPhone iOS 4.0 on his 3Gs, and then onto everything iPhone bashing.

And then he opened the floodgates for the phone callers to call in about their issues.

Pretty interesting to listen to. Lot's of misinformation to say the least.

If perception is reality, then Apple does have a mess on their hands.

2. Centient macrumors 6502

It's now well established in the media that trashing the iPhone will pull eyes and ears your way. Not to say that there aren't issues, but the level of vitriol and amount of coverage is getting out of line with the actual scope of the problems.

3. m3coolpix thread starter macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

You can also listen live if you want. Link on their site, or can be found on many of the radio player apps (WunderRadio, AOL Radio player, etc. etc.).

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

lol....i live in Dallas and heard it too! the problem apple has to deal with now is the perception of the problem, just like you stated.

tech savy people are more understanding of things like this, but if word starts spreading to the average joes out there that the iphone4 is junk, they won't investigate for themselves.....they'll just take their friend's or local news reports as the definative word.

apple is fubar.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

I don't disagree - but it's hard for any ardent supporter or owner of something to listen to something like that. No doubt - if this were about the new droid or other phone, many people (I won't point any fingers at you specifically) would be eating it up and enjoying every minute.

It's all perspective.

6. m3coolpix thread starter macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

The average caller-in sounded like they were driving while putting on make up while and drinking their coffee. Not that there's anything wrong with that (married one of those :D).

These two were kind of my point.....painful to listen to the misconceptions and the reality of the perspective right now. Didn't want to call in and just clarify things, as it'd be blown out of proportion even more. It's rare you ever change someone's opinion by pointing out they are wrong.

Not that I don't think there are issues on several of the points being made.

I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach on my upgrade to the iPhone 4, and there's a reason I didn't load 4.0 on my 3Gs (it'd be slower than 3.1.2, and I'm a tethered JB right now cause of the Boot Rom).

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

8. samcraig macrumors P6

I fail to see the huge issue. Motorola is making a phone and to ensure it operates as they have released it - they are blocking attempts to "jailbreak it."

As doing so probably violates their TOS and warranty - all they are is immediately enforcing it.

But then again - I've never seen the need to jailbreak the iphone or muck around with any device.