RadioShack buyers?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ttruvjr, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Ttruvjr macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I originally sold my 3Gs several weeks before launch (which resulted in 2 weeks of goPhone hell) to RadioShack and was royally screwed over by them. I put my name on 3 "ordering lists" and was even put on top priority on one. Luckily on launch date my girlfriend was willing to humor me and drive to the 3 retailers in the area (2 radioshacks and a best buy) and we ended up snagging a 32 GB ip4 at the best buy. Anyway, my question is did anyone ever end up getting an ip4 from RadioShack? I never got a call back or anything. The manager at the store near my house said they've gotten a total of 4 since launch. Thanks :)

2. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I actually did manage to get one in Wheaton, Maryland at Wheaton Plaza - he got 2 in and I was on his list and had been calling daily - very nice guy was quite helpful.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

When pre-ordering my IP4, I contacted all the surrounding Shacks and not one of them had any. Since they were on the bottom of the list (as far as Apple was concerned) I don't think they got a whole bunch of IP4's to sell. I ultimately had to go through AT&T to get one. Even now, whenever I pop into the Shack, they still don't have any IP4's. I don't think Apple thinks too highly of them at all. Walmart, on the other hand, did have quite a few IP4's on hand.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

dude I'm in Houston! I got mine on the 16th from Memorial City mall and I only paid $22! I was on the waiting list for about 4 days! the 3GS trade in was sweet! and the other thing I noticed is at the shack they can't tell the difference between a 3G and a 3GS! there are so many Shacks in Houston I still have stores calling asking if I want one...the shacks in the "hood" on the South side had plenty and in Pasadena...if you want an iPhone 4 in Houston there is an abundance

iPhones are shipping to Radio Shacks every Friday and Saturday...not a lot granted but enough to fill demand

5. AAli1991 macrumors newbie

Houston, represent.

832!

6. extenet macrumors member

713 sucka!

7. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

LMAO...I still have an area code from another city....but both my Google Voice numbers are Houston 832 and 713

8. Ttruvjr thread starter macrumors newbie

Really?

I'm damn impatient. I guess if I had just waited I could have snagged it for ridiculously cheap. However, I ended up with an iPod touch which I traded for an Macbook.. So it all worked out in the end...

9. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

The Radio Shack here had 4 on launch day. Ha.. I wandered in the store a few days ago to kill some time (of course I was the lone member outside of staff), and when I asked the employee he said 4. However he also stated they have been continually getting them each week. He looked like he hated life.

Blonde Buddhist

10. Greenman85 macrumors regular

why didnt you wait til they called you and then sold it to radio shack when they had your iphone 4? thats what i did. paid 10 bucks for my phone

11. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

the radio shack in my area has been getting them this week

12. Ttruvjr thread starter macrumors newbie

@Greenman85

I wouldn't have sold it early had they not assured me that they'd have "more than enough on launch date" and that I "would have no problem getting one." Furthermore, the employee who bought the phone from me told me AFTER the fact that the pre-ordering window had closed... Oddly enough he DID mention that he'd give me $150 cash for it that I could use ANYWHERE else to buy an iphone. Jerk. So, all they could offer me was my name on a priority list... So, I could have waited, but I don't know if any of you ever went back to a dumbphone after owning the iPhone... I couldn't handle it...

13. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

DUDES!!!! you can trade in damn near any electronic device at radio shack...not just phones...

14. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

I was put on a wait list on Radio Shack and 3 days later i got the call for my 32GB. The manager of the store ( btw, She's hot as hell), told me they were recieving shipments 2 times a week, but mostly for 32GB very few 16GB and the 16GB wait list was huge.

Funny fact, after I pick up my phone they have called me again twice, the lates one beeing this past saturday, even though I already have my IP4. Somebody forgot to erase me from the list. :D

15. galcian macrumors newbie

I'm so frustrated; out in Northwest Indiana most of the Radio Shacks only carry the 16GB with the 32GB coming in sporadically. In fact some of the Shacks did not even understand when I asked about it. I really want to take advantage of the trade-in but nowhere will even receive the 32s.

16. Subjugator macrumors regular

I go ton the "pre order list". On the launch day they got 4 phones in and I was number 5 on the list. Kinda sucked but they told me I would be first when the next shipment came in. The following Thursday they called me and told me they got 2 more in and I could come pick it up. Traded in my 3gs and everything went smoothly.

17. kallyq macrumors regular

I haven't read all the responses (it is late)
    Radioshack finally called me two days ago and I got my iPhone.