RadioShack Pre-Ordering Start Tomorrow (10/7)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dfnj123, Oct 6, 2011.

1. dfnj123 macrumors 6502

Opening at 8 am tomorrow... $50 down in store... Guaranteed phone on launch day... Should be a nice way to beat the lines at Apple and corporate stores... (no RadioShack hate please... just passing information on to people)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Yeah, they totally didn't screw anyone last year.

3. protobiont macrumors 6502a

4. iTorment macrumors member

iTorment

Thanks for this, is preordering goes awry tomorrow morning, I'll turn to Radioshack.

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I don't have the context for this, but my first thought is that RadioShack would be my last resort if all else fails tomorrow for pre-orders as well.

Apple will undoubtedly have the largest quantity, followed by the carriers. All other stores will get some whenever they get them. I wouldn't consider RS to be on the list of dependable sources given the other options.

No hate, just my expectations.

6. dfnj123 thread starter macrumors 6502

From what I've heard it's being handled internally much better this year than last year... at the end of the day it does come down to the volume of the store in your area...

Stores in my area are pretty busy so we've been told we're getting multiple stocks of each model...

----------

Just information about the iPhone 4S, how to preorder the phone in our POS system, and accessories to recommend to customers, etc...

Boring stuff like that :p

7. blazinz macrumors regular

im never that interested in RS. till i saw the trade in credit. My wife has a 3gs she just wants a white ip4 ($99). I wasnt planning on upgrading bc i planned on buying her a new phone and me waiting since i already have a ip4. But if I buy her a phone $99 , use the credit of $100 n get a 4s for $99 also ...:eek:

Either way it works: $300 for 4s n 4 ...??:confused:

We have 2 upgrades to use now on our fam plan. My personal upgrade is for Feb 25 that i'll use on the 6th gen.

Am I missing something here??

8. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

and dont forget that they usually make you buy Apple Care.

PS. That what happened to me with an iPad 2

9. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

If I can't get through on the site I'll try going there. It's right down the street and usually not ever full at all.

10. anilox macrumors newbie

I presume these trade-in offers are separate and can't be combined? Like you either get the credit for trading in an older iPhone OR the credit for trading in an older smartphone? The wording is kind of strange, so I wasn't sure. I have an old 3GS that I'd love to get credit for. It's kind of beat, but Best Buy's trade in and Amazon's trade in have been low amounts.