RadioShack preorder poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mostlydave, Sep 24, 2012.

?

What is your Radio Shack preorder status?

Poll closed Oct 1, 2012.
  1. I got my iPhone 5 (Verizon)

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. I got my iPhone 5 (AT&T)

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. I got my iPhone 5 (Sprint)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm still waiting

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  5. I canceled my RadioShack order or got one elsewhere

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  1. mostlydave macrumors regular

RadioShack Preoreder Poll

Did you Preorder at RadioShack did you get an iPhone 5 yet? Cancel your order? Still waiting?

----------

I'm still waiting and I couldn't be less happy with Radio Shack! When I placed my preorder they were "97% sure" they would have my phone on launch day, I'm still waiting and I can't get any information out of them. I won't be buying anything else at radio shack again ever!:mad:

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I preordered last week, I'm second on the list for a 32GB AT&T. I went in today to see what was up and they had 16s in the store but they were still on hold for preorders through the end of the day. No 64s ordered.

I'm fine waiting a couple more days, I was away over the weekend anyway and I'd rather just get it at the Radio Shack across the street than have to drive to Best Buy, AT&T, or an Apple Store.

They're expecting mine to come in this week. I stopped in last Friday and they weren't even expecting more until today but got some on Saturday so I guess I'll see... I'm hoping for Wednesday just because I don't know if they get shipments every day.

3. mvandam1 macrumors newbie

Preordered my 32 AT&T on Monday 9/17, was #2 on the list for that model. Was told it should be there on release date, but no promises. Got a call from them Thursday night stating my phone was not part of the first shipment, but it could arrive later in the day, Saturday, or Monday. Still waiting as of this morning. I called again yesterday and was told they were confident it would arrive this week, but again no promises. I am checking other stores but so far have not found one in my area.

4. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I got mine Friday morning as promised.I know I'm in a very small percentage.
    As an aside,AT&T delivered a phone late yesterday afternoon that I cancelled 8 days ago.

5. misterjay macrumors regular

I got two iphone 5 16 white for AT&T delivered on pre-order date.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

radio shack is a joke, last year on the 4s they guaranteed id get mine on launch, on launch day..they said they had the tracking info and it was on the way, then proceeded to tell me later that day they werent actually getting it. radio hack

7. Jaypalm macrumors newbie

I'm still waiting too, no communication at all. Every other 3rd party retailer is posting estimated shipping and delivery dates. Radio shack prefers to leave their customers in the dark! Not a good way to get repeat business.
    They've gone as far as saying that there is no way for them to track any if their shipments or deliveries. Now call me crazy, but I thought every postal or package delivery company has tracking numbers on their shipments? If radio shack was honest from the beginning, no one would preorder with them. Especially with the $50 no refundable deposit they get you for

8. mostlydave, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

mostlydave thread starter macrumors regular

Same here! I cannot believe they cannot track shipment or give us an estimate! I'll never shop with them again! I've emailed customer service twice and gotten no response from them, and the employees in the store are clueless. I'm wishing I would have kept my delayed Apple.com order at this point, at least they give an honest shipping estimate.

9. illstrumental macrumors regular

illstrumental

me too. *sigh* I hate feeling like I made the wrong decision.

10. smarcotte macrumors member

I preordered on Sunday the 16th, only AT&T preorder at the store. They received a few Verizon but no AT&T to date. Speak with the manager often, he has no information. As with many folks, I cancelled my Apple preorder after an October 5th delivery date and they are delivering now. Very disappointing situation.

11. mvandam1 macrumors newbie

Talked to the manager today, he told me they are having a conference call tomorrow to learn the status of open orders. They are completely clueless. This is frustrating to say the least.

12. illstrumental macrumors regular

illstrumental

*sigh*

13. eab1005 macrumors newbie

I had a preorder through Verizon with delivery on October 5th. I didn't order online until the 17th so I new that was probably the earliest I would get it. I saw this post and thought, huh, Radio Shack, didn't even think of them. So, I called the one near my house in Minneapolis and they are holding two for me until I get off work! That is after calling every Verizon store, Apple Store, and Best Buy in the city to no avail.

Thanks!

14. SmithErick macrumors member

I walked into my local Shack today to check and see if they had any in stock. Walked out with a White 16gb 5 :)

15. lessthankaitlin macrumors member

lessthankaitlin

Thank goodness someone is doing something.
    I would not be anywhere near as frustrated as I am if someone representing RadioShack would actually update us, even if they have no idea because I have heard absolutely nothing on RadioShack's part.

16. illstrumental macrumors regular

illstrumental

Whoever runs their facebook page claims theyre gonna update us on when they get shipping info *shrugs* i dont ****ing know. This whole preorder process is making me sad.

17. lessthankaitlin macrumors member

lessthankaitlin

Ah, glad someone found something on the FB page. All I was seeing was the same stuff pasted from other posts.

BestBuy at least sent out emails to their customers.

18. mvandam1 macrumors newbie

I called several other Radio Shack's this afternoon in the general area, none have any AT&T phones, but at least two of them said the has Verizon phones in stock. One store said they may get more tomorrow, one said they would be able order in store and have it delivered to home in 2-3 days. Every store has a different answer.

19. illstrumental macrumors regular

illstrumental

EVERY store. All over the country!

20. Hammertime17 macrumors member

This is my first and last PO from RS, in fact if the phone comes in before I can get one else where it will be the last time I step foot in one of their stores. The store I am dealing with is very unprofessional and everyday he says its not in yet, but I may call you today if I get it. He knows he ain't getting them for awhile I don't know why he has to BS me day in and day out. I found a couple of Verizon phones and one sprint, att is just so hard to find

21. XrAdEr macrumors member

I'm not sure if you all are aware of this, but my friend use to work at Radio Shack. What they do is, if the employee does not know you, they can give your phone away to someone THEY DO KNOW and just tell you your phone has not came yet. Yea, I know, it sucks and it's unfair, but that's just the way it goes. Not sure if it is like that from where you guys are from, but that's how they do it over here.

22. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I'm not sure this is true. My brother currently works at a local Radio Shack store and with the iPhone 5 preorders they were entered into the computer based on time. Even though he knows me he couldn't take someone else's phone and give it to me. I'm still waiting. I was the 3rd person to order the 32gb black AT&T model and they only received two on launch day.

23. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Called the RS I ordered at, a couple others, and 2 nearby AT&T stores. None had AT&T 5s in stock. One RS had Verizon 5s. The RS I ordered at said they were expecting a shipment tomorrow, they don't know how many, if any, 5s they'll be getting. The guy told me to keep my phone on though so they could reach me if they do get them. He seemed hopeful they'd get them but he wasn't promising anything. I think they'd like to get preorders out of their system (and hair) almost as much as their customers.

24. BulkHedd macrumors 6502

BulkHedd

I guess I shouldn't be too upset about this. I think there are still people who pre-ordered from Apple who still haven't gotten their phones.

25. mvandam1 macrumors newbie

This sounds exactly like my situation in Michigan, can't find an AT&T phone anywhere. I did get a message on Twitter from @radioshack that said I could get a refund of my preorder gift card by emailing them at help@radioshack.com with my store number and ticket number. I haven't tried it yet, but will if I can find a phone somewhere else.