Radioshack reservation and apple preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carmello51, Jun 17, 2010.

1. carmello51 macrumors newbie

I have a reservation for the 24th at Radioshack to pick up my phone, but last night I finally got my $300 upgrade preorder to go through. My question is: If I get a call from Radioshack saying I can pick up my phone, can I cancel the preorder through apple and still be upgrade eligible? I don't see why I wouldn't be if the phone was never shipped, but you never know.

2. dogbiskit2 macrumors member

I have pretty much the same question, although I'm kinda far down on the Radio Shack "list", so I'm less likely to get the call before the apple.com order ships ("by July 14th").

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I am not sure how fast AT&T systems work, but my order is not yet shipped and under my AT&T account, I am still eligible for an upgrade.

This is RadioShack's first time dealing with an iPhone launch day. I would not put so much trust in them, especially since they have been shady up until this point with taking money for gift cards, taking names early, giving people their new iPhone "serial numbers", etc.

However, I would just wait it out and have the guaranteed phone. It is going to be a mess getting the phone on launch day, but if you want to take that risk, then that is your choice. You just have to remember that what happens if you cancel the order and go to the store, and they do not have a phone for you. You will probably be waiting for much longer to get a phone.

4. carmello51 thread starter macrumors newbie

Same with me, I'm just not sure if I will only have to pay $300 to Radioshack if I cancel my order

5. mb2008 macrumors regular

Last year I pre-ordered the 3Gs from Apple, then my DH gave me h@#$ and I canceled the order. Then I realized I really didn't care what DH thought, so I went and bought the phone anyway. I still was able to get the lowest price.

I preordered this year from Apple and ATT has not changed my eligibility. I don't think they will until it actually ships. Maybe not until I plug into iTunes.

6. carmello51 thread starter macrumors newbie

That answers my question, thanks a lot:D