RadioShack taking Pre-Orders for launch day [ US ] !!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by M5RahuL, Mar 12, 2012.

1. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

For those that couldn't get their pre-orders in for launch day, get in while you can at RadioShack with a $50 down payment [ in the form of a GC ].

I stopped by one today and it looks like people either are not expecting them to get get any stock, or are not aware about Pre-orders at the Shack!!

Just a heads up!

Goodluck!!!! :apple:

2. note235 macrumors 6502a

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

you're right lol. I just called but someone said they only got 22 TOTAL last year and apple told me to stop doing pre-orders. You'd have to be first in line there also.

I wonder what their return policy is etc.

4. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I called and the person told me they are taking pre-orders. I asked if this means I am guaranteed one on launch day. The person asked someone else at the store as they weren't sure, then come back on the line saying nope, no pre-orders are being done after all and I should go through Apple.

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

They told you to go to the apple store??? lol

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

They sure did. Here is a rough transcript:

Me: Hey, I was wondering if I could pre-order the new iPad

Radio Shack Clerk: Sure, but we can only do pre-orders in the store so you'd have to come in. I can't do it over the phone.

Me: Oh okay, not a problem. I can be there in a few minutes. Quick question though, am I guaranteed to get one on launch day if I pre-order?

Radio Shack Clerk: Let me check on that for you

*puts me on hold*

Radio Shack Clerk: Actually, I am being told we aren't doing pre-orders for the iPad at all. You'll have to go to Apple for that.