RadioShack taking Pre-Orders for launch day [ US ] !!

M5RahuL

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
Colorado
For those that couldn't get their pre-orders in for launch day, get in while you can at RadioShack with a $50 down payment [ in the form of a GC ].

I stopped by one today and it looks like people either are not expecting them to get get any stock, or are not aware about Pre-orders at the Shack!!

Just a heads up!

Goodluck!!!! :apple:

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2012
you're right lol. I just called but someone said they only got 22 TOTAL last year and apple told me to stop doing pre-orders. You'd have to be first in line there also.

I wonder what their return policy is etc.

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
I called and the person told me they are taking pre-orders. I asked if this means I am guaranteed one on launch day. The person asked someone else at the store as they weren't sure, then come back on the line saying nope, no pre-orders are being done after all and I should go through Apple.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2012
I called and the person told me they are taking pre-orders. I asked if this means I am guaranteed one on launch day. The person asked someone else at the store as they weren't sure, then come back on the line saying nope, no pre-orders are being done after all and I should go through Apple.
They told you to go to the apple store??? lol

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
They told you to go to the apple store??? lol
They sure did. Here is a rough transcript:

Me: Hey, I was wondering if I could pre-order the new iPad

Radio Shack Clerk: Sure, but we can only do pre-orders in the store so you'd have to come in. I can't do it over the phone.

Me: Oh okay, not a problem. I can be there in a few minutes. Quick question though, am I guaranteed to get one on launch day if I pre-order?

Radio Shack Clerk: Let me check on that for you

*puts me on hold*

Radio Shack Clerk: Actually, I am being told we aren't doing pre-orders for the iPad at all. You'll have to go to Apple for that.