Radioshift alternative?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ggulliver, Apr 5, 2012.

1. ggulliver macrumors member

Can anyone suggest an alternative to Radioshift - something that'll schedule recording of internet radio and through a browsable station directory?

I have a trial copy but didn't realise that new license sales were recently discontinued, and hence can't activate it.

2. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Rogue Amoeba has some good radio recording tools. I believe they are 100% focused on Macs.

http://www.rogueamoeba.com/

/Jim

3. ggulliver thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

Radioshift came from RA - but they've nothing which offers similar functions.

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Sorry from the bum advice. I use RadioShift... but I had forgot the name and I was traveling away from the computer that had RadioShift installed. Does anyone know why they dropped it?

/Jim

5. ggulliver thread starter macrumors member

They dropped it because the providers of the directory don't want to continue to do so - and hence the 'search/browse select to record' function can't be continued.

Existing arrangements are currently being honored, but new ones wouldn't be - hence the withdrawal.

6. ThorsHammer macrumors newbie

RA has other products

Rogue Ameba also has Audio Hijack. It's not as easy as Radioshift (I have both) and it doesn't work from a list of radio stations. However if you can find the radio station on iTunes (or you have a url) then you could setup a recording.

I actually run both but may have to stop using Radioshift because it maybe causing issues on my new iMac that is running mountain lion.

7. ggulliver thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

I use AH for various things, but hadn't considered it for use as you suggest.

8. heinkel macrumors newbie

I use Radio Recorder downloaded on the App Store. Developers post updates quite often so it works on Yosemetie. There're free version with some limited functionality. Pro allows to schedule 10 radios simultaneously from a lots of stations. RR names tracks correctly with artist and title. They have still working support to add new stations, if needed. :apple:

9. ggulliver thread starter macrumors member

Excellent. Thanks for the tip.