Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Despite some reviews I have decided to give these guys a chance....a very unique case made in the USA can't be all that bad right? I already have a few scratches on my iP6 since I carry it naked anyways (why keep it pristine for the next guy??)

I think this barely qualifies as a case but I found the design very tasteful and most important of all I can continue to enjoy the rounded edges of my phone

Im going gold on gold

Attachments

• iphone-ag-6.png
    iphone-ag-6.png
    165.1 KB · Views: 590

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Despite some reviews I have decided to give these guys a chance....a very unique case made in the USA can't be all that bad right? I already have a few scratches on my iP6 since I carry it naked anyways (why keep it pristine for the next guy??)

I think this barely qualifies as a case but I found the design very tasteful and most important of all I can continue to enjoy the rounded edges of my phone

Im going gold on gold
What is the purpose of this case?

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010

Im going gold on gold

Better resale value.;) Anyway, an interesting design but I would need better protection.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I don't know I'd rather be the one who scratches and messes up the phone not the person I sell it to....but thats just me

The case has no point really....It just gives me all that I want: minimalist design with some protection and I keep that smooth swipe motion only a naked phone would have

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
I'm also very interested in this case. All I want really is corner protection.

Please report back with a review and pictures!

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
They have let me know that the case used in the Gadgetmac review was an early prototype and they have made various changes to prevent scratches etc.

I won't get my hands on it until next week

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
That is the worst looking thing Ive ever seen. If you buy one of these, mind if I have $100 to throw away?

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Actually I would like any case like this that just provides corner protection. Any other options? 4-6 weeks wait on the 6+ one here.

MarkTerritory

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2014
I received my Gold Radius V2 Mod-3 bikini-thong-wedgie case on WEDNESDAY!..
and I will say..
that I do "NOT" RECOMMEND this case..
it took me about 2 got'damn hours just to get the upper right corner screwed in correctly..!!! it wouldnt sink in like the other 3 did..
First thing i did was make sure that it wasnt a bad screw.. so what i did was take the 2 bottom corners off.. then i was able to get the upper right corner in..
but then i couldnt get either of the 2 bottom corners back on..
After much frustration.. I put the two bottom corners in AND the camera corner in before placing it on the phone.. I basically had to self manuever it on with 3 corners attached!
Luckily..I bought a full-body skin to protect the corners or else those corners would be scratched and damamged. From my understanding, it seems that the added thickness from the vinyl skin was why it wasnt lining up correctly with the hole.. Those screws are super-super small..
I must've dropped the screw 7 or 8 times and probably wasted atleast 20 minutes in total, looking for it..
Needless to say I got the damn thing on after 2 hours..
but dont get me wrong, the case looks ABSOLUTELY STUNNING..!!!
and...
I've already dropped the phone, unintentionally of coarse, on concrete the very first night i had it on..
Some of you know exactly how my reaction was...
its that feeling u get when u think ur phone is shattered even before u pick it up... but..
low and behold..it held up to its drop protection..
So though the corners are protected, the case wont protect your screen, so yesterday i ordered a clear shield from PerfectFitTech.com to protect the front.. they have a lifetime guarantee policy so if the phones clear shield shatters, they will send one free of charge.. its $40 but thats nothing compared to replacing the screen itself if any more mishaps or drops occur in the future..
This is an iphone 6 Plus..
its a big phone..
and its even bigger when u pile an otterbox on it...
So while some are calling it a thong/bikini case or whatever..
I'd rather have a slim bikini than have a case thats makes u look like you have a saggy @$$ diaper in your back pocket..
The otterbox fits that description perfectly..and that is not for me..
I managed to get my screw attachments all in..
i dont think many others will be so lucky..
i like the case.. i like the feel..
BUT.. I'm pretty much stuck with the "wood-look".. because I am not willing to spend more agonizing hours trying to do this again, that is definitely why i will never recommend this case to anyone! Ever.
you've been warned.

Attachments

• mod 3 2.jpg
    mod 3 2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 209
  • mod 3.jpg
    mod 3.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 258

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State

Im going gold on gold

I want the Titanium Radius!

Attachments

• iphone-ti-6-grey-562x539.png
    iphone-ti-6-grey-562x539.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 159

tbn002

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2011
I'd be wary of this case. gadgetmac did a review on Oct 9 and found that it scratched the antenna lines on the back where it overlaps, slightly reduces signal, and has sharp raised screws on the corner pieces. I'd stay away.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Radius Aluminum Case (Thong Case)

I'd be wary of this case. gadgetmac did a review on Oct 9 and found that it scratched the antenna lines on the back where it overlaps, slightly reduces signal, and has sharp raised screws on the corner pieces. I'd stay away.

So, this case offers Negative Protection by scratching the phone while offering no coverage! At least it's grossly over priced.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
My Simple Review:

-Fast Shipping
-No Flash Problems
-Took All of 5 Minutes to Install
-Makes Phone Feel Secure in Hands
-No Added Bulk
-Lays Flat (Back or Front)
-No Signal Problems
-No Scratches (To my Knowledge)
-Still Keep the "Naked" Feel
-Enhances the iPhone Aesthetics (IMHO)

Pretty Much I Really Like It

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-8 copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8 copy.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 171
  • FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 159
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_9922.JPG
    IMG_9922.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 209

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Is the inside of the metal lined with anything to prevent scratching?

If you click on the last pic you can (kind of) see the outline of the clear material that comes between the case and phone. Did not seem to me like my phone would get scratched with the case on. It doesn't move of fluctuate at all while holding or taking out/putting in my pocket either

So far it is the best case I could buy when it comes to what I value

mod-3

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Hi guys/gals,

Hendra from mod-3 here. My friends told me about the discussions at the forum and thought I should join in as well. So here I am!

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules. I am here to be as candid as possible about the making of this case and things we have been doing to address some of the issues, and answers questions you might have.

----------

We shipped a few early production units to GM reviewer and have since revise the liners to address the back of the case pressing into the plastic strips.

The case is supposed to fit precisely and snug, and designed and manufactured to be so, but it should not leave any marks on the phone it supposed to protect.

Other times, on All Polished models, because it is hand-polished using polishing compounds, it may have some residues. That easily comes off by wiping it off with a damp cloth.

----------

If you click on the last pic you can (kind of) see the outline of the clear material that comes between the case and phone. Did not seem to me like my phone would get scratched with the case on. It doesn't move of fluctuate at all while holding or taking out/putting in my pocket either

So far it is the best case I could buy when it comes to what I value

Thanks Alex, and I am sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread, just joining in. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.