RADIUS Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bako-MacAddict, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Bako-MacAddict, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

2. BarryL macrumors 6502

3. AFDoc, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013

AFDoc macrumors 68030

I almost backed it but don't like the space between the phone and the X support. IF the could "flatten" it against the phone or at least make it very close to the phone I would be more than happy to throw some money their way. I know this is also an issue many of he current backers talked/asked about.

IMHO the other case is fugly, but it's not my kind of case.

I backed: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slimline/slimline-next-generation-smart-phone-protection but am a bit upset as the clear "connecting" bars are now the same color as the edge protection. I backed it because of the clear bars as I thought it made the edge protection look as if it was simply on the phone and not a "case". The bars being the same color take away that illusion. I still think it's a nice looking bumper.

4. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Have to agree with you on that wallet case - it looks awsome however not sure they will reach their $19000 target (why they need so much is weird?!? ) in just 25 days.........

5. Delta438 macrumors member

I wouldn't mind dropping some money for that, but I ordered a fake Draco a while ago and it has yet to arrive. Also, $49 for a few small pieces of aluminum doesn't seem like a very wise investment.

6. Bako-MacAddict thread starter macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I agree with you ... Will see

7. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I sent a message to the kick starter owners:
    Will this case scratch the phone over time at any point the aluminum parts touch the aluminum parts of the iPhone? Specifically corners and the cross backing?

And they said:
    The case is polished on the interiors so it's smooth and unlike plastic case which you slide in and out, will not scratch the iPhone. There is inner lining on the interior as well to absorb impact to the corners. The X frame does not touch the back of the iPhone's aluminum back and it is also smoothly polished and will not create any scuffing or frictions. Thanks of the interest and we hope you back us!

To be honest I am going to back these guys enough to get one. It's the only case I've seen that enhances the iPhone's design instead of covering it up.

8. Bako-MacAddict thread starter macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Awesome ! That's good to know . Thanks for sharing that info

9. Steevie macrumors regular

The Radius is whack but i like the bullet case. But i've been reading so many negatives things about kickstarter. If you back a project and it doesnt launch do you get your money back??

10. Bako-MacAddict thread starter macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Well, If the project doesn't launch your Amazon account, (they go through amazon payment by the way) wont charge ! So if the project is funded you'll get charge for whatever you backed ! Basically to this day, my account hasn't been charge yet. Yes, I hope the bullet case gets FUNDED !:cool:

11. bludragon06 macrumors regular

I just backed this case! I thought about it and felt that the sides would be fairly well protected with lay on the table design with back protected. Very interesting case none the less!:cool:

12. bludragon06 macrumors regular

What I would like to know is if I can order the corners in different colors after ordering the initial case!?!

13. Will2145 macrumors 6502

Will2145

14. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Sorry to hijack this thread but looks like they might just make their target now:

Backers
    $13,663
    pledged of $19,000 goal
    days to go

;)

15. Steevie macrumors regular

Dude thats awesome! So you can back whatever projects you want and unless they take off you dont lose any money. Ahhhh now i see the beauty of kickstarter