RadPad is a legit website or any others like it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Frisco, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Frisco macrumors 68020

To pay your monthly rent via these sites that take the money from your credit card account for a small interest fee and then send the Landlord a check in your name to the landlord?

2. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68000

Alexander.Of.Oz

Can't you just arrange a direct debit to be set up and pay it directly yourself into their bank account?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given that most banking sites allow automatic bill paying, I see no reason to pay a fee so this company can do what I can for free.

4. Frisco thread starter macrumors 68020

It's for when you don't want to pay your rent with cash but with a credit card and the proprty owner doesn't take credit card payments. Basically they a middleman like Paypal.

5. Alexander.Of.Oz macrumors 68000

Alexander.Of.Oz

Oh, I gotcha, it's basically a service for folks that can't actually afford their rental costs, so have no other option but to put it on their credit card. Sad really.

Here in Australia the norm is to do a bank transfer each week or fortnight, direct into their bank account.

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I wish my landlord took electronic payments. He's old and his memory is poor. Somehow I don't see it happening anytime soon.