Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Hi, as the new owner of a Blackbook I've been reading a lot of posts here about protection etc. I bought the STM Small Alley, and so far it looks like a good option especially for the price. I ordered it from Radtech, and at the same time bought the Radtech Sleeve and the ScreenSavrz, thinking that they would at least protect my laptop from dust etc -- and in the Small Alley, the Sleeve doesn't take up much space and provides some additional scratch protection.

But, having read all the cracked Macbook posts here and getting paranoid (!!!!) I was wondering if any Radtech owners have any thoughts on the Sleeve and ScreenSavrz. I found the Sleeve hard to get off (I suppose the fact that it fits tight is a good thing), but the last thing I want to do is put too much pressure on the case to tug it out. The ScreenSavrz is nice, but the one they sent me for the Macbook only covers the keyboard, not the entire bottom case so the corners are not protected. (Though the picture on their site shows a full size piece of fabric, and I've emailed them about that.)

Otherwise, I am enjoying my new laptop a lot!

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Hi, as the new owner of a Blackbook I've been reading a lot of posts here about protection etc. I bought the STM Small Alley, and so far it looks like a good option especially for the price. I ordered it from Radtech, and at the same time bought the Radtech Sleeve and the ScreenSavrz, thinking that they would at least protect my laptop from dust etc -- and in the Small Alley, the Sleeve doesn't take up much space and provides some additional scratch protection.

But, having read all the cracked Macbook posts here and getting paranoid (!!!!) I was wondering if any Radtech owners have any thoughts on the Sleeve and ScreenSavrz. I found the Sleeve hard to get off (I suppose the fact that it fits tight is a good thing), but the last thing I want to do is put too much pressure on the case to tug it out. The ScreenSavrz is nice, but the one they sent me for the Macbook only covers the keyboard, not the entire bottom case so the corners are not protected. (Though the picture on their site shows a full size piece of fabric, and I've emailed them about that.)

Otherwise, I am enjoying my new laptop a lot!

I have the radtech Sreensaverz and I think its a great product. Very help and keeps the screen not only safe, but clean and you dont use liquid. HIGHLY recommended.

You received the small one either on accident or becasue you didnt select the size of your MB on the right. I have a MBP and the full size screensaverz. Awesome product.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
Thanks, the receipt says they sent me the one for the Macbook, but given the size and pictures on the site I'm hoping come Monday they'll respond to my email and do an exchange. Do you think the fabric is helping protect the plastic edges of your case, particularly near the magnets? Besides protecting the screen, I was hoping the barrier might also protect the case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.