Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Here is a quick review on Radtech's ScreenSavrz.

When I originally had the Penryn MBP, I noticed that my LCD had a scratch from the keyboard. So when I upgraded to UMBP, I was determine to keep my screen scratch-less. Since the original date of purchase, I used the styrofoam that came with my UMBP to separate the contact between the keyboard and the LCD. This served it's purpose for a while until the styrofoam started to rip.

I researched and read other MR's comments regarding Radtech's ScreenSavrz. I initially thought it was bit pricey but I was able to utilize a coupon code and got the product for ~$13.

So if you are on the fence here is a quick review.

Quality: According to their website, the material is Optex fabric which I have no clue what it is but it feels like suede. Its very thin so when you close the lid, you dont see the ScreenSavrz. Its big enough to cover the entire keyboard as well as the LCD when the lid is closed.

Also as it sits on my mStand, it doesn't slide down when the lid is open unlike the styrofoam that I was using.

Overall I really like it and I think it was worth the $13. I know that my LCD will be protected when MBP is on the move.

I just wanted to share...
Radtech_1.jpg

Radtech_2.jpg

auror

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
hey

Could you share where'd you get the coupon?
I'd send you a PM, but can't find the button for it :)

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.