Rage cage.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Southernboyj, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

This event was very meaty, the iPad Mini leaves me wanting more though.. kind of like those awesome food samples they give you at a grocery store when you are hungry.

Why did they have to make the iPad Mini a "budget iPad"?
    For their statement of "The iPad Mini is every inch an iPad", and for it to be a "concentrated iPad, not a reduced iPad" to really be true.. it needs to be an EXACT mirror of it's bigger brother, with a smaller form factor.

This is a shrunken version of an iPad that is 2 generations old. It makes me rage because, while I've always loved the iPad.. after using a Nexus 7 for a few weeks, the full sized iPad feels so giant. The form factor/aspect ratio of the iPad Mini is perfect.. it just needs to screen resolution and internals to match it.

[END] 500th rant thread of today [/END]

2. Byeen macrumors member

Byeen

New iPad ???

Well, I'm not concerned about iPad mini, I'm pretty pissed off because of "new" iPad, like what the hell ??? Why they updated iPad just 6 months after releasing new version ? This is not fair !!! I bought iPad like month ago being sure there won't be new iPad till March next year, and I believe there is many of us who bought or even have their iPads from the beginning, and Apple is now updating it.
    As there is no official Apple store in our country, I will have to get used to enjoy my "new" old iPad :/ &$^#

3. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I don't see why that issue is so bothersome.. The iPad is now the same as the iPod/Mac lines for the most part. They get incremental updates. That's why Apple dropped the number from the title. All this is, is a slight spec bump (that isn't noticeable in day to day usage) and a new dock connector. Your iPad is still the exact same size, weight, same display, etc. as the 4th generation.

4. Byeen macrumors member

Byeen

Yea, my iPad is still the same, you're right. The thing is I bought NEW iPad just few weeks ago and I'm kind of person who like new products if you know what I mean... I was pretty sure they won't update it in next 4-6 months... You have to admit that 6 months cycletime is not normal for Apple. I want new product for that money I spent in the middle of iPad's cycletime, that's my concern :(

5. Vizin, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. Byeen macrumors member

Byeen

Yea, it seems like MBP is most frequently updated hardware, but I was talking about iPad, maybe I was not clear enough with that statement, I'm sorry. But if you check that link you sent, you will find iPad's cycletime which is 311 days :/
    I know this is not a big deal for some of users, but I bought iPad just few weeks ago, that's why I'm so concerned about this new update, and I'm sure I'm not the only pissed off person :D

7. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

If it really bothers you.. you can try and return it, or you can sell it and buy the 4th generation. iOS devices hold resale values so you'll get probably $400 out of it.

EDIT: Back on topic.. I've been thinking, with the iPad Mini's resolution at 1024 x 768 on a 7.85" device.. this put's its screen resolution at 163 ppi.. even the Nexus 7 which is $130 cheaper.. is 1280 x 720 with a ppi of 210.

To put that into perspective, my 15" rMBP has a ppi of 220.

8. Vizin, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013