Raging Thunder in App Store

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TimothyB, Sep 21, 2008.

1. TimothyB macrumors 6502a

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291027932&mt=8

Maybe people from the jailbreak world could shed some light on it. There are some early versions on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw7jiXtR-0c&feature=related

I tell ya, why don't companies release videos, I'd probably would have bought it if they actually showed the gameplay. What looks different than most games so far is the road can be angled and hills that go up and down causing jumps. Plus, it's nice that they went with $7.99 instead of the standard $9.99 for these type of games. Also what gets me is no mention of number of cars or tracks.

Some quote from their website:
    Touch Arcade also just posted about it as I made mine:
    http://toucharcade.com/

2. diddy macrumors 6502

3. TimothyB thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the video. I wonder, does the game have sound? The jailbreak versions did not from the youtube vids, and now all their game trailers at veoh don't have sound. But according to Veoh, that trailer is 4 months old.

How do they expect us to buy it with so little info. There's no mention of gameplay modes, tracks, cars, etc.

4. fastbite macrumors 6502a

fastbite

The videos look pretty cool. Anybody payed this yet?

5. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

I was just about to post about this game. It doesn't look nearly as good as Asphalt 4 Elite Racing, which I own. Maybe it won't crash as often??

6. bluelondon macrumors regular

looks a little boring. racing seems very robotic, not like a real car, and it's basically like any other boring racer. bring on need for speed already so we can have a challenge.

7. PolarbitTommy macrumors newbie

If it's a challenge you're after, I think Raging Thunder will be right up your alley. The question is, have you got what it takes... punk? ;)

8. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

Just bought it and had a quick go. Really like it.

I prefer it to Asphalt - which always felt like a half-arsed port.

9. slapppy macrumors 65816

Just got it and love it. Graphics looks much more polished that Asphalt 4 and smoother also. It's definitely worth the buy.

10. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I prefer Asphalt. Game play on this seems a little slow..

11. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

does anyone know how many levels are on it? One of the review pointed out that since the program is only 2.8mb, that there probably isn't that many levels.

It would give me an idea of replay value.