Raiders of the Lost Ark Previous Purchase now gone

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by starkreality70, Nov 23, 2014.

1. starkreality70 macrumors newbie

I hate when Apple does this, or rather when the studios do it to Apple.

So, I bought the original 3 Indiana Jones movies on Blu Ray a while back. They were on special at Best Buy for $10 a piece, and included an iTunes HD digital copy.

I bought all 3, and then went home and downloaded all 3 to my iTunes library.

Even better, they have iTunes Extras now, which I can watch on my Apple TV.

However, for some reason in the last week or so, I can no longer find Raiders on my Apple TV under purchases. For some reason, it's been taken down. The other two are there, but not Raiders.

I know, I know, I can still watch through home sharing, but I can't access the Extras on my Apple TV, nor can I stream the movie from my phone or iPad anywhere I am.

I have heard all the arguments that Apple usually has no control over this, but I really think they should stop advertising iTunes Extras on their movies. Not only can't I access it from my Apple TV, but I can't access it from my mac either, since when it tries to find the the online content, since the movie isn't in my purchased movies anymore, it can't play the extras associated with it.

Very strange, too, because the movie itself is still there for purchase, but it's not listed as one of my purchased movies.

Very frustrating.

2. 2010mini macrumors 68040

This happened to me recently and I thought the movie was gone. But as it turns out it was "hidden" on my account. i don't know how it happened but I had to go into my account in the iTunes store. Click on MANAGE in the iTunes in the Cloud section to unhide purchases. Hopefully it will still be there.

3. starkreality70 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much! Have no idea how that movie got hidden, but it did.