Rain Design iGo Stand

Discussion in 'iMac' started by oililymad, Jan 19, 2013.

1. oililymad macrumors 6502

oililymad

http://www.raindesigninc.com/igo.html

has anyone had any experience of one of these or even seen one?

I cant find a stockist or distributor in the UK. There is a company that sells other Rain products but they don't stock and cant get this one

Im really limited on space, I work from my bedroom.

with the VESA mount option gone, except using that horrible adapter thing that Imacmount make. I'm struggling to find a solution.

I currently have a makeshift desk/shelf with HDTV and imac next to it, but its far from ideal and the 27" wont fit. so I was going to hang the TV of the wall and find something else to put the Imac on.

Worried about wires too as I use an ethernet cable from preference because its faster 100Mb/s rather than 50 Mb/s with wifi.
    and then there is the HDMI cable to the TV, which i use only as an external display to watch Iplayer etc on when Im done working :)

2. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

doesnt look like it officially supports 27 inch imac or acd. it may be tipsy with something that big on it. I think its ugly. but thats just my opinion.

I would rather invest in "one less desk" design or the bluelounge studio desk.

3. oililymad thread starter macrumors 6502

oililymad

i think its ugly too

just cant find anything that will do the job!

4. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Looks flimsy, are the legs metal? Too little desk space too, doesn't even look like there is room for a arm on the desk

5. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn