Rain drenched i-Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by howeird, Nov 5, 2008.

1. howeird macrumors newbie

Accidentally left my i-Phone outside in the rain overnight. After drying it out, the display is very dark. Changing the settings did no good. Turned off auto brightness and adjusted brightness all the way up. Nothing. Any ideas?

2. spikedfo macrumors regular

again... my phone once droped into the bucket. i just turned off it and left it there about a week, then it works.
    curious want to know how many iphones would get water damge a day.

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Left outside, dropped in a bucket. Wow. Guess Iam lucky, I also have a belt clip so its unlikely going to (a) leave my side and (b) fall into a bucket of water....knock on wood.

4. LastZion macrumors 6502a

ya I dropped mine in a bucked of water and it was fine after 24 hours... super phone!

5. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Thats 2 of you that have dropped it in a bucket of water? Is there a sticker on the back that says to do that? :eek::p

6. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

I have a solution to the rain problem... move to Britain - the weather will never get good enough for you to want to GO outside for any length of time, so you won't end up leaving your iPhone out there

7. Finnxeon macrumors regular

Finnxeon

Brilliant!

8. needham999 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. It snowed one evening and I went outside, forgetting it was in my pocket, and when I came back inside my jeans were wet, and my iPhone had stopped working. I tried many solutions such as keep restarting it and leaving it in the airing cupboard overnight and no such luck. My phone works, but I cant put it on stand by .. any ideas ??