Rain mStand alternative?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by guyducati, Jun 11, 2010.

1. guyducati macrumors regular

I am looking for some way to elevate my Macbook Pro, and the Rain mStand seems like a good idea, but I'm not too thrilled with the way the Macbook Pro would be at an angle, personally I don't like it. I also am not thrilled about paying $60 for a small stand. I've always looked at the Griffin Elevator, but that also looks bizarre to me. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

What exactly are you looking for? Do you want the MBP to be open or closed lid? The angle makes it perfect for using the MBP's screen along with external keyboard/mouse on a desk.

3. guyducati thread starter macrumors regular

I want to use it open

I am looking for something very similar to the mStand, so I can use the Macbook Pro open.

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Griffin elevator?

5. Slarti Bartfast, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  6. guyducati thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, I guess that's true....I guess I'll just buy the mStand...

7. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I got the mStand. At first I thought it was a bit too expensive, but bit the bullet anyway. I'm really glad I did. It's perfect and looks stunning with the aluminium MacBooks and MacBook Pros. Also, it elevates them to a perfect height. The angle even makes it easier to type, the times you forget to use your external keyboard.

8. MacSignal macrumors regular

$48.24 shippedhere. Jump through the hoops for the bing.com promotion to save another 8%.

Leave one for me. I've been debating between this and the more expensive luxa2 alternatives.