Rain on ipod touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by foreverandalway, Jul 28, 2012.

1. foreverandalway macrumors member

Not sure if there's already a post explaining what to do but, I had left my ipod touch outside and it rained. It was out there for less than 10 minutes but more than 5.

Whoever found it in my house, put it in some rice and it's been sitting there for about 5 days. The first day there was some water in the screen, but it's since disappeared.

Is there anything else I should do? I haven't tried to turn it on yet, because I know the battery died and I need to charge it.

2. naveah, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012

naveah macrumors regular

Putting it in rice was a really smart thing to do. If it's been in the rice for five days, the rice has probably absorbed as much moisture as it possibly can. You may want to put it on an absorbent towel and run a vacuum cleaner over it to make sure there's absolutely no moisture left (including in the charging and headphone jacks). After that, it's probably time for the moment of truth — turn it on. I want to wish you the best of luck and hope your iPod is OK.

----------

A correction to my previous post: Run over a vacuum clean hose. An full vacuum clean would probably do even more damage. And keep the hose at a slight distance from the iPod; you don't want to create static electricity.