Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

****rain versus spirit

hunter x az

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
the race is on, and ****rain is about to give everyone the jailbreak they've been wanting for the last month.

it's pretty exciting -- we have no reason to doubt it's legit, they have proof, screens, and the blog is full of information. comex pushed up his release date to compete w/ ****rain to have the 1st jb.

tonight at midnight they're apparently releasing. i'm going to wait for youtube videos and verification they work before i jailbreak my phone though.

really exciting stuff!

ps: use this thread to discuss the race between ****rain and comex, not to say "LOL REPORTED" or "LOL ITS NOT REAL" or "LOL WHERES UR PROOF"

Thanks!

weemanpow3

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
****rain = the new Ferociousbird and AppuloHa1l ? If you guys remember the 3.1.2 days.

Comment

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Even if it is legit, I dont know that id want something with the name ****rain on my phone anyways!

Comment

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Did you see the part where they said comex is releasing his at the same time as their shitrain, tonight lol.

Comment

NoStopN

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Murfreesboro, TN
so, what time zone are they basing the supposed midnight release on??

You beat me to it.

Is it okay to write “This is a waste of thread space?” :)

Judges?....Yes, it is acceptable.

Did you see the part where they said comex is releasing his at the same time as their shitrain, tonight lol.

No, I didn't see it. Now I wonder how many threads will be started that say, "Shitrain didn't get released. WTF?" :p

Comment

andybno1

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I cant get excited about screenshots, to me this says it's possibly gonna be fake... (from their own blog post) "Quit asking for videos. We don't care if you beleive us or not." if it's real why not just post a teaser video for proof of concept?

Comment

Shanewilliams

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
yeh and at midnight they can easily post that it was all a fake ;);) :rolleyes:

It might not be fake, it just might not be a jb either! No telling what it might do to your pc when you download it and attempt to install. I say pc because I thought I read somewhere it's windows based only.

Comment

narimonk

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Do any of you guys remember thunderst0rm? ****ra1n is the same exact thing. I'm willing to bet money on it. These guys aren't legit, and if they are I'll throw my iPad off of a roof and post a video of it.

Comment

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Do any of you guys remember thunderst0rm? ****ra1n is the same exact thing. I'm willing to bet money on it. These guys aren't legit, and if they are I'll throw my iPad off of a roof and post a video of it.

I'm kinda hoping it's legit now

Comment

mikeb13

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
He posted on Twitter that he will release the jailbreak at Midnight Eastern Time. Minutes from finding out if this real or a joke.

Comment

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Certainly you really can't be surprised ? Really, who could have believed this whole line of crap ? (No pun intended) :rolleyes:

If you're grown adults, perhaps you should be embarrassed !

I know I would !

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.