Rainbow Apple logo poster + frame

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ikev85, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ikev85, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

ikev85 macrumors member

I received this from a friend who has had it since the mid-80s

She put it in the frame, so I'm not sure how it's mounted. appx 75cm tall

It's slightly yellowed but is in good shape.

The frame is black metal with a glass front.

:confused: pricing?

thoughts?

:apple:

Attached Files:

2. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

eBay prices

If your going eBay prices might as well put it there. You got it for free or close to so just go gouge whoever can afford it.

3. Apple Techs macrumors member

I would love something like that in my shop just not for $500

but really good looking thanks for sharing

4. dbrewer80221 macrumors regular

Honestly, doesn't look like it's in very good condition. The paper is warped all over and it's yellowed. I'd be surprised if you got more than $100 for it.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Something that rare I would get it restored by a professional conservation company like this one

http://www.theconservationcenter.com

They did a presentation at a local art museum and their results are stellar.

Unfortunately, what they'll charge is gonna turn out to be what it's worth when they're done...

6. ikev85 thread starter macrumors member

The border is a cream colour vs the interior is white, and it looks like white paper behind the whole thing in the frame. Honestly if you compare the interior to the paper behind it it doesn't look too yellow but idk.

I was just looking for some feedback as I haven't seen another one of these posters for sale anywhere.

Thanks guys.

7. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I've got a 5+ foot Apple old logo banner that was a one off for a conference that apparently never happened. Apple called it off at the last minute, and stiffed the company that made it for their time and materials to make it. It's a wonderful addition to my office, but I've sometimes wondered what the value of it might be...

It's very well constructed and has the three colors on the top, the logo in the middle, and the three colors at the bottom. It's actually almost 6 foot tall, and 2 feet wide. It's made of the heavy duty kite material with a smaller grain nylon middle area with the old Apple 6 color logo.

Any idea what it might be worth?