Rainbow effect

fitgirl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Hi I want to ask you all a question, I've just noticed that when I slightly tilt my iPhone side to side and up and down I see a rainbow effect which is now bugging me to no end, I do have a zag glass screen protector but I've always used them with no issue at all, I also did notice this when I first got my iPhone and took it out of the box but though it was because of the plastic it comes with. Also the rainbow effect i am seeing is when the phone is on. Has anyone experienced this?

fitgirl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
It's weird because my husband has the same
glass protector on his iPhone 7 and it doesn't do this
[doublepost=1488317906][/doublepost]
Sorry. It was a reference to one of the ingredients in the iPhone's construction being unicorn tears.
Haha is that a real thing?

fitgirl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Take the zag off and see if it still does it.

Zag might have changed their design but I am betting it will go away if you remove the protector.
I'll give it a try hope that's what's causing it, but even when I took the phone out of the box it was doing this as well, can the plastic film that comes on the phone do this too? Also I only get this rainbow effect when the phone is on when it's off I see nothing.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hi I want to ask you all a question, I've just noticed that when I slightly tilt my iPhone side to side and up and down I see a rainbow effect which is now bugging me to no end, I do have a zag glass screen protector but I've always used them with no issue at all, I also did notice this when I first got my iPhone and took it out of the box but though it was because of the plastic it comes with. Also the rainbow effect i am seeing is when the phone is on. Has anyone experienced this?
I think I know what your referring to. If the light refracts of the screen on a certain angle, it gives the spectrum of a rainbow when the screen is also completely clean. There is nothing wrong with your device.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

fitgirl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
I think I know what your referring to. If the light refracts of the screen on a certain angle, it gives the spectrum of a rainbow when the screen is also completely clean. There is nothing wrong with your device.
Yes that's it except it's not a rainbow of colours it's more of pinkish blue, for some reason my husband doesn't get this

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Yes that's it except it's not a rainbow of colours it's more of pinkish blue, for some reason my husband doesn't get this
Strange. But I truly don't think there is anything wrong with your iPhone display. His screen shows different colors and hues than yours does. Perhaps no two screens are alike.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Strange. But I truly don't think there is anything wrong with your iPhone display. His screen shows different colors and hues than yours does. Perhaps no two screens are alike.
Think I'll take my screen off to make sure, my husband has the same glass protector and it has no different colours or hues coming off his.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
It's light refraction from the unicorn tears.
And the unicorn is crying because the graphic interface changed with iOS 7. :)
[doublepost=1488472055][/doublepost]
Yes, iPhones do use unicorn tears for screen construction. It's why they're so strong and expensive.
Corning calls it Gorilla Glass. I suppose that's because the gorillas are making the unicorns cry? :D

Reactions: willmtaylor

fitgirl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Yes, iPhones do use unicorn tears for screen construction. It's why they're so strong and expensive.

Did you take off the phone's protective film before applying the protector and using the phone?
Of
Course I did

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.