Rainbow effect

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Feb 28, 2017.

1. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Hi I want to ask you all a question, I've just noticed that when I slightly tilt my iPhone side to side and up and down I see a rainbow effect which is now bugging me to no end, I do have a zag glass screen protector but I've always used them with no issue at all, I also did notice this when I first got my iPhone and took it out of the box but though it was because of the plastic it comes with. Also the rainbow effect i am seeing is when the phone is on. Has anyone experienced this?

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

3. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

4. noobinator macrumors 601

It happens if your screen protector goes exactly to the edge of the lit up part of the front glass.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Sorry. It was a reference to one of the ingredients in the iPhone's construction being unicorn tears.

6. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

It's weird because my husband has the same
    glass protector on his iPhone 7 and it doesn't do this
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2017 ---
    Haha is that a real thing?

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Take the zag off and see if it still does it.

Zag might have changed their design but I am betting it will go away if you remove the protector.

8. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I'll give it a try hope that's what's causing it, but even when I took the phone out of the box it was doing this as well, can the plastic film that comes on the phone do this too? Also I only get this rainbow effect when the phone is on when it's off I see nothing.

9. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think I know what your referring to. If the light refracts of the screen on a certain angle, it gives the spectrum of a rainbow when the screen is also completely clean. There is nothing wrong with your device.

10. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Yes that's it except it's not a rainbow of colours it's more of pinkish blue, for some reason my husband doesn't get this

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Strange. But I truly don't think there is anything wrong with your iPhone display. His screen shows different colors and hues than yours does. Perhaps no two screens are alike.

12. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Think I'll take my screen off to make sure, my husband has the same glass protector and it has no different colours or hues coming off his.

13. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes, iPhones do use unicorn tears for screen construction. It's why they're so strong and expensive.

Did you take off the phone's protective film before applying the protector and using the phone?

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

And the unicorn is crying because the graphic interface changed with iOS 7. :)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017 ---
    Corning calls it Gorilla Glass. I suppose that's because the gorillas are making the unicorns cry? :D

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

No. The Unicorns cry for Harambe.

16. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Of
    Course I did

17. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Ok, good. (I assume nothing in MRF).

Probably just the finish of the protector. It's not unheard of and probably "within spec." If it is too bothersome, however, contact Zagg for a warranty issue. Their customer service and warranty are typically top notch.