Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I did not know that R6V2 was coming out this month...I wasn't excited about this game until I saw the videos at IGN. Seems like they redone a lot of the maps from V1 and raven sheild...beautiful.

I loved R6V for the 360...I played multiplayer everyday on live. The cover system is the best in the biz and this game will most def take up all of my online time...bye bye UT3/COD4.

I'll get it for the PS3 this time and I'm hoping its on par with the 360 version...I really thought I had enough of FPS....guess not.

Bless

2. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

I'm excited as well. Especially for the multi-player co-op mode. I've seen it advertised as you can play the entire game in co-op mode, just like in singler player, which you couldn't do for PS3 rb6v 1.

And the new ACES system brings an interesting angle to the game - upgrading your player based on how you play.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

OK I know it was a year later, but the PS3 version was pretty much identical to the 360 (unlike Splinter Cell) so hopefully the two will be identical.

Either way as I probably will only play the single player.. I too will get the ps3 version (as I have two ps3's now) :)

4. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Can't wait! I can't wait to play coop with my sister (who absolutely loved the first Vegas) and my cousin.

I'll be getting it for 360.

5. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

Yea, for some reason I had it in my head that it was coming out tomorrow. But I guess I'll have to settle for MLB '08 The Show until R6V2 comes out. :eek:

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Only 2-player co-op compared to the first game's 4-player = sad panda. I was going to buy the game blind until I heard that.

7. RichL macrumors 6502

Oh wow there was 4 player co-op? That's awesome.

-Rich L.

8. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

So I got my copy of R6V2 and its a bit of sweet and sour(sweet out weighs the sour) The gameplay is still intact and the sprint action is a welcome addition to the mix. I've been reading some of the reviews and they are mostly on point and if you enjoyed the first then this is right up your alley ACES system is great....I have to mention that the PS3 version this time is on par with the 360.

The sour.....online right now is laggy and unplayable but it is to be expected at launch but I hope they fix it fast because online is where its at.

8.7/10....IMO.

Bless

9. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

For some. Smooth as butter here. :)

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I just bought this today, here is to hoping that the Online part is better than the first one.... <MRU_Rant>Online Co-Op in the first one was horrible, I never had a session that was not disconnected, Plus no voice in cut scenes while online co-op, and it wasn't progressive like the single player version, you could just jump around level and the level selection was a pain to get used to.</MRU_Rant>

I'm off to grab some food and then play it for a bit. I find myself having less and less time to play yet I am still buying games left and right. 27 PS3 games and counting... 29 by the end of the week when I get PES 2008 and Army of Two...

Ed

11. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Ubisoft loves to pump out 1.5 sequels eh? GRAW, Splinter Cell... I should give it a rent though, actually looks purdy

12. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

13. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^COD4 is a totally different type of shooter....its more of a run and gun shooter and thats only fun for a while. R6V is more like it for me and this one is much better on the PS3 this time around.

R6V2 is getting a lot of crap from the interweb from people that are still caught up on COD4....I don't know why but oh well.

PS3 collection up to 16 now(including Ao2)

Bless

14. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Wow this came out quick, is a PC version not releasing? Does this have 4-player coop? I loved that about the first RSV.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

:D I get my own RANT - I deserve a MRU specific smilie

I just got this as well ED (well yesterday to be precise) but I haven't had chance to even turn it on as I'm currently moving house but should hopefully have done so by monday and will be back into action.

So hopefully we can team up for some co-op :) Even if it is only 2 player co-op this time round.

I'm at 21, I think ED is the front runner :D

But should be adding condemned 2 and dark sector to the collection shortly.

edit.. oh wait 22, I just remembered Hot Shots Golf is in the post too.

16. pcypert macrumors 6502

You guys need to get with it. I'm at around 38 Wii games and 30+ 360 games. 25 DS games as well but I've sold some off :)

Paul

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I thought Rainbow 6 vegas was a shooter much like call of duty 4.

18. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I will certainly be buying Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 this week. :D

19. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Saying it that way is much like looking at a Ferrari and a Skoda and saying "I thought they were both cars right?" While they are both in the shooter/FPS genre they are entirely different in how they play. RB6 tends to be more tactical, you sneak around you use silencers you try to go in & out of an area unnoticed vs COD4 where it is as 2NY said "run and gun" you are basically just skipping the tactics and going in to the fight area with a blaze of gunfire.

RB6V2 is a HUGE upgrade from RB6V on the PS3, I'm glad I made the purchase.

Ed

20. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Picked up R6V2 a few hours ago, enjoying it so far. One thing I thought was pretty cool was when I first started up the game, it gave me an extra 1250 XP for having played R6V previously. I also got some weapon and camo upgrades. :)

21. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

So me and ed are getting in some serious co-op play.....Its a big improvement over R6V1 but after were done with co-op we will jump into T-hunt and I think 4 players can get in with you.

If anyone is ready to team up with Ed and myself don't hesitate to add me and we'll clap some terrorist together.

Oh and the servers are fixed so enjoy R6V2 online guys.

Bless

22. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

After giving this game some gameplay I'd give it a 6/10. The gameplay itself is ok, but the graphical glitches and slowdown are ridiculous. Especially on the Convention Center level. But I will keep playing it...

23. JEB229 macrumors member

I just finished plating co-op with my friend and it was fun. I never played the first one but I gotta say this game is pretty tough. I think playing online is easier than the story mode.

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Great build up to the ending and then it really disappoints.

The online is implemented better, but well the story...

The End