Rainbow wheel - normal?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by anotherjoey, Sep 2, 2012.

1. anotherjoey macrumors member

What does the wheel indicate more than "loading" ? I've had my new MBA 2012 with 8 GB of ram for 2-3 weeks and today was the first time i've noticed the wheel, several times. It popped up for 1-2 seconds in Safari, Lightroom, Spotify etc. And also once after I logged in after my computer was in sleep mode. I'm not doing anything straining at all on it today, just browsing the internet and listening to music, which is what makes me question it.

Is it normal that the wheel pops up like this on "normal" use?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. anotherjoey thread starter macrumors member

Granted, it's in Swedish, lol, but here's a screen cap:

[​IMG]

Does it look fine? I basically just have Safari, Mail and Spotify open right now.

I'm not too worried as it does not freeze, I was just wondering if the wheel is a normal occurrence on all Macs?

4. simsaladimbamba

It looks fine.
    And yes, the spinning rainbow wheel is a normal occurrence, unless it happens every minute. I see it daily, others never see it, depending on the computational usage, which sometimes includes well written software, and sometimes it does not.

No need to worry.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

How much storage do you have left on your Air ?

6. anotherjoey thread starter macrumors member

According to System information I have 92 gb out of 120 gb free. I don't have anything stored on the computer yet except for some pictures, lol.

Thanks for the info! :) Now I won't have to be extra worried/paranoid if I see that wheel once or twice daily then.